Texas Hunting Forum

Review: Hunter's Creek Ranch

Posted By: alsaenz

Review: Hunter's Creek Ranch - 02/16/18 02:39 PM

Now that the dust has settled from our deer season, just wanted to write a review of Hunter's Creek Ranch in Mt. Vernon. I took my boys for youth hunts, and it was great. Brandon was responsive to all my text and emails, and our guide was great with the boys. We've got meat in the freezer and antlers on the wall. I'll be looking them up again next season. Recommend without reservation.
Posted By: nyalubwe

Re: Review: Hunter's Creek Ranch - 02/17/18 02:40 AM

Thanks! Always good to hear a nice unsolicited review!
Posted By: cheetah577

Re: Review: Hunter's Creek Ranch - 02/22/18 02:22 PM

I've been hunting with them for years. By far the best deal going.....
Posted By: nuprofessor

Re: Review: Hunter's Creek Ranch - 02/23/18 07:46 PM

Have been there twice. Wanted to do a hog hunt with them this April. Already had the days off before I thought about doing a hunt. Called Doreen- unfortunately the weekend I was off was the same weekend they are doing a Wounded Warrior Hunt. My bad luck! Maybe next year. Did book with another place.
Posted By: LBG Safaris

Re: Review: Hunter's Creek Ranch - 02/23/18 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: nyalubwe
Thanks! Always good to hear a nice unsolicited review!

+1..... up
Posted By: Deersteaks

Re: Review: Hunter's Creek Ranch - 02/25/18 02:23 PM

Is there a success rate available? I mean, I know the hunts cant be guaranteed, but what are the chances of having an opportunity at a shooter buck?
Posted By: alsaenz

Re: Review: Hunter's Creek Ranch - 02/26/18 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Deersteaks
Is there a success rate available? I mean, I know the hunts cant be guaranteed, but what are the chances of having an opportunity at a shooter buck?

Brandon didn't quote us a success rate, but he was pretty straightforward about it being low fence. I appreciated his honesty. If you asked him directly, though, I'll bet he'd give you the most honest estimate of a success rate that he could.

For us, since it was a youth hunt, we knew we had a pretty good chance to take a doe and at least get some meat in the freezer. As I said, though, we were blessed to have been able to take a mature 8-point.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum