Texas Hunting Forum

Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee

Posted By: Bigcat

Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 04/01/17 09:58 PM

I'm looking to trade +/- 200 in deer feed (corn/protein) for a 2 day pig hunt.

I almost never shoot my pigs and they come out all times during the day. I'm sure they're out all night also but I have not sat after dark in a long time. I plan to sell/trade one pig hunt per month or less to help pay for feed costs. I will not book a hunt unless I know there are lots of pigs around. So I will guarantee you get a shot. I will have restrictions as I do like my pigs. I know, sounds dumb. I have some calico and solid white pigs I want left alone. This will be a 1 or 2 pig hunt depending on how much you donate.

For those without I have IR night vision on an AR .223 so you can even hunt some at night.

PM me to work out details. I'll post a picture of the pigs I saw this morning while working.

[img:left][/img]

Posted By: Lazyman

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 04/01/17 10:19 PM

Hmmmm not to far from me...What would it take for myself and 19 year old son..
Posted By: nyalubwe

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 04/02/17 02:40 AM

PM sent

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 04/03/17 02:13 PM

I'd like to get someone out April 12-13th
2 day pig hunt, cabin included for just $200 in feed.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 04/04/17 05:45 PM

PM Sent
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 04/04/17 05:48 PM

To be clear, not only the white but the predominately white pigs are to be left alone.

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 04/05/17 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Ramsey
To be clear, not only the white but the predominately white pigs are to be left alone.

Yes, that is correct. But I will guarantee you see black pigs still. I won't run hunts unless I know I have plenty of pigs. I'm trying to get more calico and white pigs running around. I just think they look neat.

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 04/10/17 07:21 PM

I had one guy come out a April 4th. He shot a 80 pound pig in broad daylight plus saw 20+ more. Then we watched a bunch at night through the IR scope.

I have nyalubwe coming out May 3rd and I have Ramsey on this thread wanting to hunt in June.

I was expecting people to come 2 at a time but since that's not how it's going (which is fine by me) I have plenty of pigs to get someone else in. Best days are Wed through Sat (pick any two).

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 05/10/17 05:13 PM

Just got back from hunting with Bigcat...had a ball! Nice relaxing hunt on a beautiful ranch. GREAT guys to spend time with, and put a 100 pound "freezer Pleaser" in the cooler! Fun time!
Posted By: jrose

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 05/11/17 03:26 PM

PM sent interested in coming down me and one other guy
Posted By: jrose

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 05/12/17 03:37 PM

Anyone have a contact number for this guy?
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 05/13/17 03:47 PM

jrose, PM sent.

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 06/25/17 01:02 AM

We have an apparently huge hog getting in a feeder pen and then busting out. We also have lots of hogs at multiple feeders right now.

I wasn't planning on doing any more hog hunts due to the heat but since we have so many I'm checking to see if anyone wants to hunt.

Bunkroom has AC. We have ladder stands mostly 10' up, igloo style blinds and regular box blinds.

So far we are 100% success rate and no hunter has even made it to within 30 minutes of dark without shooting one.
Posted By: catsquirrel

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 06/25/17 04:56 PM

location of Bend Tx

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 06/25/17 05:57 PM

Between Lampasas and San Saba. Right next to Colorado Bend State Park
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 06/26/17 02:35 AM

Great guy here & you will get a chance at pigs.

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 07/24/17 02:28 PM

Anyone ready to come out for a pig hunt? Seeing lots on camera. Need a couple hunters soon. AC in the bunkroom now.

Not seeing any huge boars on camera BTW. Only saw one 200 lber driving around.
Posted By: DBill

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 07/26/17 03:04 AM

Sent you a PM Bigcat

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 08/15/17 02:48 AM

Anyone ready to kill a pig? Your room in the cabin has AC. I have red lights to hunt at night but 90% sure you see them before dark.

No one has been in a few weeks now. Should be a fun hunt.
Posted By: Flock Knocker

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 08/16/17 01:41 AM

This is a beautiful ranch and Bigcat will do anything to make sure you harvest you pig. I have personally been and hunted his place in Bend. Looking forward to coming back in the spring.
Posted By: cliffie

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 08/16/17 04:59 AM

FWIW I've hunted a few places in Texas for hogs and this seems to be a real neat deal. $200 in feed bags for a hog hunt can't be beat. I have no connection with this out fit nor have I hunted there but it seems to be a real fun deal. Just thought I'd throw my 0.02 in.
I'm usually flying over it going into Llano for Cooper's BBQ on my way to Houston :-)
Posted By: normK

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 08/16/17 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Ramsey

Up here in Alaska, where I live, you can shoot brown bear and black bear but polar bear is off limits. I'm starting to think that this white privilege Ive heard so much about could be real. wink

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 08/29/17 11:03 AM

I need one more hunter in the next 2 weeks to kill a pig or two before deer season starts.

Anyone interested? $200 in corn gets you 2 days/1 night cabin included. I would say longer if needed to get a pig but almost everyone has killed before dark on their first evening.

We usually cook dinner for the guest as well. If interested in deer hunting this is a great way to see the ranch and meet us as well.

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 08/29/17 01:58 PM

You will NOT be disappointed if you hook up with these guys! Nice pleasant relaxing way to spend a day or two!

If I was headed that way in the next couple weeks I'd grab this up!

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 08/29/17 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: nyalubwe
You will NOT be disappointed if you hook up with these guys! Nice pleasant relaxing way to spend a day or two!

I see you made it home. What all did you end up shooting here in Texas on that last trip?

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 08/29/17 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigcat
Originally Posted By: nyalubwe

I see you made it home. What all did you end up shooting here in Texas on that last trip?

As you may remember I blew out my knee on that trip, but managed to go on and kill a couple blackbuck and a cull oryx....then had to quit and take the knee home pronto for surgery!

Looking forward to getting back with you guys sometime!

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 08/30/17 01:36 AM

Seeing pigs at 7pm and 7am at one blind. Will check other cameras tomorrow.

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 09/01/17 02:21 AM

My dad saw a hog he thinks would go over 300 this evening. I watched a 120lb boar for over an hour.

I think I may have enough hog hunters this month but would take a backup if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.
Posted By: guysamson

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 09/04/17 10:35 PM

I'm interested if you end up having a spot in September or October. I'm pretty flexible on when I can come down and hunt. Please let me know, thank you

Russell Ott
940-206-9322

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 09/06/17 01:28 AM

Now we are seeing one monster boar at one feeder almost every evening. So if anyone's interested they can hunt a HUGE one or just come get an eater.
Posted By: rhiseller

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 11/17/17 07:35 PM

I sent you a private message.
Posted By: rhiseller

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 11/17/17 07:40 PM

Does anyone have this gentleman a phone #?

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Lazyman

Re: Pig hunt in Bend, tx guarantee - 11/17/17 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: rhiseller
Does anyone have this gentleman a phone #?

Thanks in advance!

I sent him a message on another forum for you...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum