Texas Hunting Forum

Rattlesnake Springs

Posted By: Steven Bates

Rattlesnake Springs - 12/17/14 03:25 PM

Headed to Rattlesnake Springs in Jan. for a whitetail hunt. Anyone been there? What can I expect to see? I'm going after a 140-159 class buck and my dad is doing the management hunt. Any info would help.... never been on a guided hunt before
Posted By: postoak

Re: Rattlesnake Springs - 12/17/14 03:28 PM

It's fully guided? If so, just show up with a sighted-in rifle that you know how to use. They pretty much do everything for you and will explain anything you don't understand. Your dad needs to be aware of proper tipping.

Re: Rattlesnake Springs - 12/17/14 03:51 PM

Proper tipping? explain please. I've heard a lot of different things about tipping guides and kitchen staff and what not... what exactly do you mean.
Yes it is fully guided.

Re: Rattlesnake Springs - 12/17/14 03:56 PM

just realized I probably posted this in the wrong forum. I will try it in another one.

Sorry moderators.... I'm new.... blush
Posted By: postoak

Re: Rattlesnake Springs - 12/17/14 05:25 PM

Let the moderators move it if they feel a need. Let the outfitters and guides in this forum tell you about proper tipping.
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Rattlesnake Springs - 12/17/14 05:41 PM

Usually around 10% of your hunt cost

Re: Rattlesnake Springs - 12/19/14 04:51 PM

well this hunt fell through. Bobby doesn't have mld tags and I could only come jan 9-11. anyone out there still have a hunt? looking for a spot for me and my dad. Dad is looking for a management type deal and I'm looking for a 150 or better.
Posted By: blackdog21

Re: Rattlesnake Springs - 12/19/14 06:07 PM

Call Lonnie Walker at Lonnie Walker Outdoors- Bear Creek. You can find him on here or facebook. He has any deer you are after and he is MLD.
Posted By: esnow74

Re: Rattlesnake Springs - 12/19/14 07:59 PM

check the post from sowhtr

Re: Rattlesnake Springs - 12/19/14 08:32 PM

Just talked to Lonnie. Cool guy. We may have a deal
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum