Texas Hunting Forum

Predator Hunts

Posted By: predator patrol

Predator Hunts - 12/24/13 05:55 PM

Its that time of year, if you would like to get a nice coyote or bobcat, give me a call. Hunts are available! Daytime or night hunts, 250 for 4 hour hunts. All hunts are fully guided and furnished except food and drinks. I have a good reputation and lots of areas to hunt. I posted hunts here last year, had great sucess, all hunts are fun and you will get a chance at a predator! Justin 972-215-8760
Posted By: bradtown

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/24/13 06:20 PM

where are you located?

thanks,
brad
Posted By: Mike Garcia

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/24/13 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: bradtown
where are you located?

x2 I want a bobcat pretty bad

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/25/13 11:24 PM

Sorry, I am located 15 minutes north of Rockwall which is just east of Dallas. We would be hunting some farmland and cattle pastures as well as hay fields.
Posted By: ken starling

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/26/13 03:20 AM

Is this per person or for 2.

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/26/13 03:33 AM

Two people is fine. It cost the same whether I take one or two.

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/27/13 04:07 AM

Will have openings Fri nite and sunday

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/27/13 04:52 AM

Whats the success rate on the hunts? bobcats pretty good #s? coyotes?
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/27/13 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike Garcia
Whats the success rate on the hunts? bobcats pretty good #s? coyotes?
Also can you call them in close enough for a try with a bow ?

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/27/13 02:49 PM

Can get some close enough for a bow. 40 yards or less. Day hunts are pretty good. I had a 100 percent opportunity all last year and would expect the same this year as well. My spots have nor been over hunted and I have been a few times already this year and have not come up empty. It is hunting and some days are better than others.

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/27/13 02:55 PM

I have not called in any cats yet but haven't been after them. I do know ofa handfull of 28-35 pound cats in some of my areas because I have seen them out prowling. I'm sure there are quite a few more. I always seem to get about 20 -30 cats in the winter and its been that way for several years. That is a lot of hunting and a lot of territory. I don't promise a cat but the people that specificaly wanted a cat last year got one except one client and I told him we will try again. Our schedules haven't worked out yet.

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/28/13 08:30 PM

Hunt this morning was great! Called in 4 coyotes and 1 huge bobcat. Shooter couldn't see. His glasses kept fogging up. Did smoke two yotes though. Nothing over 50 yards!

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/31/13 07:21 PM

Have some weeknights open this week.

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/31/13 08:42 PM

im pretty much hectic the next few weeks but would mid jan, feb be too late?

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/01/14 12:55 AM

It will be good until March, if you are looking to get one mounted, I wouldn't wait past Febuary.
Posted By: snakemansb

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/01/14 02:24 AM

Late February could possibly work for me. How much notice do you need to book a date? Love to get a chance at a cat. The wife may even be willing to give this a try. Bobcat would make a nice mount to go with her blackbuck . . .

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/01/14 03:06 AM

I like to have a two week notice. That way I can get everything mapped out.
Posted By: txhunter11

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/01/14 03:08 AM

Mike I'm going and if we get some cats will bring to your brother Manuel to get them mounted!

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/01/14 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By: txhunter11
Mike I'm going and if we get some cats will bring to your brother Manuel to get them mounted!
that be awesome! My co-worker just brought him a huge cat few weeks ago. I always wanted one but now people are just rubbing it in my face lol. I wouldn't mind a yote mount either. Be fun to get it in an aggressive look pose and put him in the back yard when I have guest over.
Posted By: Lacy1

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/01/14 07:14 PM

What do you have open for the first half of February? 2 hunters. coming from TN so I would like to 3 hunts.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/01/14 09:45 PM

Rt now I have all of Feb open. Just let me know what you want to book and we will get it done.
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/02/14 08:16 PM

Bump for a great guy. Justin is knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. He put me on my first cat last year.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/03/14 02:11 AM

Will have openings next week and next Saturday. Weeknights will be 150 does not include Friday night. The weeknights will be 4-6 hrs.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/04/14 03:21 AM

Will be hunting in the morning through the night. Should have pics and positive feedback from tomorrows clients.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/05/14 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: predator patrol
Will be hunting in the morning through the night. Should have pics and positive feedback from tomorrows clients.

The stars and the moon did not line up! Justin put us on a perfect shot first thing we just weren't ready for it and not expecting him to come in so close and fast from the side. After that he was able to call others but the wind started blowing like crazy and changing a lot. Much of the time the wind was 20 mph and sometimes 30 mph gusts as the cold front kept stalling and trying to come in this weekend. For obvious reasons they did not want to come out of the tree lines or brush even though we could see them so I know he was able to call them in.

Justin has some serious calling skills for day and night predator hunting. He is very knowledgeable and an endless source of predator hunting information. He has lots of nice hunting areas and a very nice hunting setup. He works his butt off to give you a great time and to try to put you on some predators. Even with all the weather he never once stopped trying his best.

I've taken my son on many hunting trips and a fair amount of guided trips. He said this was the most fun he had ever had hunting! So that is saying something considering we didn't get anything.

We plan on paying (even though he very kindly offered to bring us back) to go again with Justin really soon and will get some pics this next go around.

(Mike I am still planning on sending your brother those bobcat mounts and have no doubt next trip will have them)

Thanks Justin for giving it a 110%!

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/05/14 08:32 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed this weekends hunts and really appreciate the kind words and the business. No doubt tje next hunt will be even better!

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/06/14 03:05 AM

Cool review txhunter11! Think im going to plan a unt too soon. With them running in that close maybe should consider a shotgun with a yote load?

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/06/14 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike Garcia
Cool review txhunter11! Think im going to plan a unt too soon. With them running in that close maybe should consider a shotgun with a yote load?

Nope you will have some longer shots. A shotgun would not be the way to go IMO. He has lots of different land and some more open and some not. You want something you can reach out on some long shots if you need to. Just wasn't ready and not expecting one from the side so fast. It was the first one we saw. I had a shot on him but was wanting my son to make the first kill. He didn't see him come up from the side.

It was about 4.5 hours from Spring. Not too bad and worth the drive. You should really go.

I have been on several different trips from this forum. This is one of the good guys.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/06/14 03:42 PM

It cost too much to shoot them with a shotgun! I have areas where it is the best tool though, I just prefer the 223 or 204.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/08/14 05:50 PM

I am booked up through January for weekend hunts. I do have a few weeknight hunts open. Starting to book Febuary weekend hunts now.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/12/14 02:08 AM

Headed to Emory to guide on clients property. Will hopefully have pics to post later. Have trip booked Sunday morning and should have pics from it to post.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/18/14 12:47 PM

The hunting last wekend was terrible. However, started hunting last night about 8 and by midnight I had called in 3 cats and 1 coyote. Client had a rough night of shooting. Kicking it off again this morning, maybe with some better luck.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/19/14 07:22 PM

A great hunt this weekend with Justin Gilbert! Thanks for the business and it was a pleasure guiding you.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/20/14 05:16 PM

Hunted last night from 7:30-12:30 called in 4 yotes and none were killed.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/21/14 12:54 PM

Going to try'em tonight.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/22/14 01:29 PM

Called in a cat last night and my client smoked him at 150 yards. The cat sat down and wouldn't move in any closer. We were in an open hay field and he just sat at the tree line.
Posted By: hayman

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/22/14 09:56 PM

Had a great time hunting with the "Predator Team"!!! Called nice cat in at the first farm!!! Great guys to hunt with and nice setup.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/23/14 05:55 PM

Booked through the weekend. Hopefully, the critters will be moving. I will post results Monday. If I ever figure out how to post pics, I'll post some. I can txt pics if anyone is interested. 972-215-8760

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/25/14 12:19 AM

Going to start hunting tonight at nine. I will post results tomorrow.
Posted By: Sab

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/25/14 12:35 AM

Yeah man...go get some

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/25/14 05:41 PM

Called in a cat, a pair of coyotes and a single coyote. Kid put two bullets in the cat but we didn't recover him. The hunting was tough. Did call a yote in this morning but he held up at 700 and wouldn't move.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/26/14 01:29 AM

Thanks for taking us hunting again. We had a great time!
Posted By: Brock77

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/27/14 03:33 PM

is it a flat fee or is their any trophy or numbers fee?

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/27/14 07:49 PM

It is a flat fee. No other fees incurred. If you shoot my rifle, I ask that you pitch in on ammo. I reload and do not shoot factory ammo. I will not take more than two shooters, that means no more than two rifles or firearms in my hunting rack at any time. I will do my best to make your hunt sucessful in every aspect.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/28/14 12:54 AM

He goes out of his way to make sure you have everything you need and there are no hidden fees.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/28/14 10:46 PM

I'm booked through the 8th. Check out the review on me in the varmint section.
Posted By: lwestbrook

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/29/14 12:19 AM

Do allow kids to go. If so can you message me some rates

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/29/14 12:41 AM

I have no problems taking kids, however, I would book a night hunt with them rather than a day hunt because most can't sit still long enough. Lol! Kids just can't help it. 250 for four hours.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/29/14 01:11 AM

I only have the weekend of the 14-16 of Feb open and all of march. I will have weeknights open except Friday nights.
Posted By: lwestbrook

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/29/14 03:31 AM

Thanks I have a nine year old nephew that loves to hunt and call and was wanting to get him out some

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/29/14 01:05 PM

Bring him on!

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/30/14 12:56 AM

My 13 year old son hunting with Justin.
I can't figure out how to rotate the image.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/30/14 09:34 PM

I have valentines weekend open.

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/31/14 05:18 PM

Going tonight, hopefully, the critters will be moving since the front is coming in.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Predator Hunts - 01/31/14 06:26 PM

It should be good without freezing your nurts off

Re: Predator Hunts - 02/01/14 06:42 PM

Called in several cats, man missed a coyote at 50 yards but redeems himself on a cat at 75. But, his girlfriend out did him by shooting a bigger cat at 100 yards. The coyotes were a little slow but called in 3 cats possibly 4 and 3 yotes but only one yote offered a realistic shot.
Posted By: texaswildlife

Re: Predator Hunts - 02/03/14 02:10 AM

Had a great time hunting with justin Friday night. He really knows how to call in the predators and has tons of land to do it on. He's a first class guy and we will be hunting with him again!
Thanks justin!!

Re: Predator Hunts - 02/04/14 08:57 PM

Still have openings for 14-15 of Feb.

Re: Predator Hunts - 02/07/14 02:14 AM

Bumping thread for a great guide
Posted By: Wade T

Re: Predator Hunts - 02/10/14 08:59 PM

Will you be hunting the week of 3/17? Or is that too late in the season?

Re: Predator Hunts - 02/11/14 07:41 PM

Sorry to just now get back. March is a tough month. I'd be happy to tryem on for you but it'd have to be before or after the 15th

Re: Predator Hunts - 02/19/14 02:32 AM

I'm thinking March 1st and 2nd will be the last weekend I guide hunts until next Oct. I have the 1st booked and the 2nd is open. I appreciate all of this seasons customers and look foward to hunting with yall next year. Be safe and be blessed.

Re: Predator Hunts - 02/24/14 04:24 AM

Well went for the third time. I’m pretty sad about our bad luck of timing or whatever you want to call it. Justin said it was the worst hunting of the season.

First night: 3 sets of eyes the whole night and one shot at what looked like to me a large coon around 150 yards along the tree line. The other two sets of eyes looked like coyotes and they just ran off from tree line fast never to be seen again.

Second night two sets of eyes: one set of eyes that was a small cat probably close to 200 yards along the tree line – Missed it. I’m really mad at myself cause all night I figured I would need to make a long shot and got myself lined up and ready for it if I got one. It just happened as soon as we setup at the end of a long night and just wasn’t ready. Then last place we went to I thought finally for the first time ever something was coming from the tree line towards the truck. Shot it little less than a 100 yards and it turned out to be a large coon.

Nobody wanted us to shoot something more than Justin. He tried place after place for us. (Many places)

We had lots of fun and I finally recovered tonight from lots of driving and lots of no sleep.

You other guys can thank me for taking up the weekends with the least amount of activity! I am jealous.

Yes I’m not going to deny I am really disappointed I never downed a cat this season. I was sad all the way home smile After all the hours put in a coyote would even have been a great conciliation prize!

But I really appreciate there are guides like Justin that give guys like me a chance to spend time with my son and an opportunity to get outdoors and go hunting. One day my rifle is going to connect to a big cat for the first time. It just seems like waiting on Christmas to get here now smile

Thanks Justin for another good experience.
Posted By: Tommy2731

Re: Predator Hunts - 03/03/14 06:18 PM

Justin called in a huge cat and I missed. Whoops! Damn! Hope to get one next year.

Re: Predator Hunts - 10/08/14 06:01 PM

Going to start booking hunts soon! Pick your dates now. 972-215-8760

Re: Predator Hunts - 10/09/14 12:22 AM

I will not be booking the 17-19 of Oct due to the State Fair. Thanks. Feel free to look me up on Face book and look at more of last years photos and a couple of this years photos. (Justin Saulters)

Re: Predator Hunts - 10/09/14 03:05 PM

Have spots open this weekend

Re: Predator Hunts - 10/11/14 05:13 PM

Have this evening open for a day hunt can do a little night hunting by walk ins. Its muddy so I can't drive to some places. 972-215-8760

Re: Predator Hunts - 10/22/14 11:54 AM

I have openings this weekend until Nov 15.

Re: Predator Hunts - 11/05/14 03:36 PM

Will have hunts open after the 15th of Nov. The yotes have been active and have been seeing a few bobcats.

Re: Predator Hunts - 11/11/14 08:29 PM

I will be booking hunts after the 15th of Nov

Re: Predator Hunts - 12/02/14 01:36 AM

Have openings this weekend
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum