Texas Hunting Forum

Doe and Cull Buck Hunts

Posted By: BowsnRods

Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 03:44 AM

We are offering Doe and Cull Buck hunts on our Game Managed Ranch located in Bandera County 30 miles North of San Antonio. The Ranch is high fenced with an intense management program in place,and to keep our Whitetail Buck to Doe ratio in check and to maintain an excellent genetic pool we are offering these hunts for $200.00 dollars per deer which includes guide fee and preperation of the deer for transport from the ranch. The Ranch is under MLD.

Posted By: 7mag

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 01:19 PM

Clarify, your does are 200 and your culls are also 200???? That is a sweet deal

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 03:01 PM

Yes Doe's are 200 each as well as Cull Bucks which will be spikes and bucks with less than 8pts that are 2 1/2 years old and older.

Posted By: jhunter77

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 05:53 PM

Is this for rifle or bow hunts?

Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 06:29 PM

when will you be doing these i start school sept 8 so getting out this years gonna be tough but trying to make it work.

Posted By: 12thman

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 06:40 PM

MLD? so we would not use up a tag?
I am interested in a possible bow hunt.

Posted By: txcornhusker

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 06:45 PM

How many acres is the ranch?

Posted By: jrose

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 07:25 PM

I would be interested in a cull hunt, when are you wanting to book these hunts?

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 08:22 PM

This would be a rifle hunt!

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 08:25 PM

I will be starting around the first of October on our management of the Doe's and Cull Bucks.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 08:28 PM

Yes sir we are under MLD so you dont have to use your tag but you have to have a current hunting license. I am not set up for bowhunting at this time but I will try to accommidate.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 08:29 PM

The Ranch is just over 500 acres and is under high fence!

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 08:31 PM

We will start hunting the beginning of October

Posted By: 7mag

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 08:38 PM

That is a heck fo a deal, more so on the bucks

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 08:47 PM

Hey I am in, I would like to bring my son down there and let him shoot a cull buck he would love that. I would also hunt one also just for the meat. Do you have a website?

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/28/08 09:10 PM

jrose I sent you a PM

Posted By: nb&twil

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/29/08 05:09 AM

PM sent.

Posted By: BMowatt

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/29/08 12:58 PM

I would be interested in a bow hunt also, I could bring a pop up blind.

Posted By: jhunter77

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/29/08 01:00 PM

I'm in too

Posted By: NathanaelGreene

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/29/08 02:38 PM

Just curious: About how many total deer are you looking to take off the property?

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/29/08 07:00 PM

I am not set up for bowhunting at this time but I will order a couple of bow blinds this week and will try to accommidate.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/29/08 07:07 PM

Our game surveys have showed that we have a large whitetail population and we will be working at reducing the numbers to improve on our deer quality and to cut down on our feed bill. I would like to remove every cull buck I see and as for doe's around 20-30

Posted By: NathanaelGreene

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/30/08 02:04 AM

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

Posted By: nuprofessor

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/31/08 01:49 AM

MAN!!!!! I sure wish you were alot closer to me. My son is coming back from Iraq the end of September & one thing he wanted to do was deer hunt- this will be the THIRD Missouri deer season he has missed since joining the Marines. We will be driving down to North Texas the second week of October for a hog hunt as a substitute. This would have been PERFECT. We are meat hunters so flying down would not be a good option. We want to take the meat home without having to pay an arm and a leg.
WELL MAYBE NEXT TIME.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 08/31/08 01:46 PM

nuprofessor you just let me know when you can make a trip with your son to the Hill Country and I promise a great hunt and a good time. Please tell your son I appreciate him keeping my family and I safe.

Posted By: fins-n-grins

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/01/08 01:48 AM

I'm interested in a rifle hunt for me and my son. Please PM information.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/01/08 03:09 AM

fins-n-grins I sent you a PM.

Posted By: BMowatt

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/02/08 05:27 PM

can you send me available dates? Looking for the first couple weeks of Nov.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/02/08 05:43 PM

bmowatt I send you a PM

Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/04/08 02:09 AM

Nuprofessor...sent you a PM.

Posted By: caddokiller

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/07/08 12:56 AM

Do you have anyting open for youth weekend? Myh son just turned 8 and im thinking it time for him to harvest his first deer.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/07/08 01:03 AM

caddokiller I am booked up through the end of November. I would like for you to bring your son out to our ranch for his first hunt I will PM you with additional info.

Posted By: hunting_rookie

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/07/08 11:44 PM

I'm interested in scheduling a trip for my son and I. Let me know what weekends you have open.

Thanks - this looks like a great opportunity.

Posted By: B-swit

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/08/08 05:13 AM

this is a great opportunity on an awesome ranch!

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/08/08 07:02 PM

B-switalski thank you! I enjoyed driving you and your brother around the ranch saturday and I am glad as hot as it was we saw a good number of deer. Cant wait for you guys to come back and hunt in November.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/08/08 07:04 PM

hunting_rookie I sent you a PM.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/21/08 01:49 AM

I still Have a couple of Dates still open for the Doe and Cull Buck hunts as well as a Few Management hunts still available on some BIG 8PTS.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/22/08 02:31 PM

How much is your Management hunts?

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/23/08 12:02 AM

jrose The management hunts are for the largest mature 8pt buck you see and a doe for 1500.00 this includes your guide fee for 2 days of hunting and preperation of your deer for transport from the ranch.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/29/08 12:08 AM

I just got home from from hunting with john "bowsnrods" and I had a wonderful time. You couldnt ask for a more helpfull guy. We saw plenty of deer including one 10 point that was HUGE. Plenty of opportunities on does and cull bucks. A couple of the culls he showed us on the game cam would be considered very nice deer where I hunt. I will definatly be going back.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/29/08 01:24 AM

Brad I enjoyed your company as well. I am so glad you brought your son with you on this trip, it seemed he also had a great time. I sure would like for you to try and make another hunting trip with me this year if you have the chance. Please tell Josh I would like for him to make a return trip also. It was very hot and still this evening and the deer were very slow to move not like this morning when we were covered up in bucks. Take care and thank you for the very kind post!!!!!

Posted By: scout118

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/29/08 02:29 AM

Bownsrod,I am interested in your hunts for my 15 year old son.Would you send more info?

Thanks in advance...

Posted By: JBPointer

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/29/08 12:56 PM

BowsnRods (John), I had a great time hunting with you. Your a great guide. Folks if your looking for a place to take the kid(s) or the family for an affordabele hunt this is the place. John works really hard at trying to get you on the deer. The ranch looks outstanding and is properly managed for the deer herd. I got to see a lot of Turkey as well. I will definetly start saving up for a management hunt next year and possibly a cull hunt for my kid. Again this is a great ranch and John worked really hard to make our hunt fun. Thanks John

Josh B.

Posted By: onimo

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/29/08 04:15 PM

pm'ed

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/29/08 10:30 PM

scout118 I sent you a PM

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/29/08 10:35 PM

Josh thank you for the kind words. I had a blast! I just wish that the acorns would stop falling. The morning hunts will be the best until we get a little cooler weather. I look forward to you and your family coming back to the ranch.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 09/29/08 10:36 PM

onimo I sent you a PM

Posted By: hunter3

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/01/08 09:56 PM

I am intrested in a hunt with you. It would be me and two other for my bachelor party. I dont know if you do week day hunts or if it is only weekends. The dates would be either Nov 14 or 15. if you dont have the dates avalible I understand. The other two hunters would be from out oif town. if you could let me know I would appreciate it.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/01/08 11:29 PM

hunter3 I would enjoy for you and your friends to come hunting,but i am booked on those dates. If you have some other dates you might me interested in send them to me and I will check my schedule. I can tell you the next opening I show is the last weekend in December and most of January.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/06/08 06:33 PM

john has been really helpful in helping me plan my hunt and has answered all my ?s and i cant wait till i get to come out! im driving from n.dallas/plano to san antonio(about 5 1/2hrs)to hunt with him just because of the help he has given me in planning "the price doesnt hurt either!" thanx john, looking forward to our hunt!

Posted By: RedBaron

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/06/08 08:50 PM

Hi BowsnRods. Do you have any openings the week after Christmas? Dec 26th -Jan 1. Love to take my grandson!

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/06/08 10:07 PM

RedBaron I sent you a PM

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/07/08 05:57 PM

onimo I sent you a PM! Thank you for the kind post.

Posted By: aharp

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/09/08 11:32 AM

How many more cull hunts do you have? What dates do you have open? PM please.

Posted By: davencentexas

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/09/08 11:46 AM

BowsnRods, what dates do you have open for culls and does? I would love to come down for a meat hunt.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/09/08 07:08 PM

davencentexas I will send you a PM

Posted By: mikeegr

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/14/08 04:33 PM

I would like to take a doe or cull pm me pls.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/14/08 11:43 PM

I sent you a PM MIke

Posted By: outlook8

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/14/08 11:58 PM

Do you have anything available after Thanksgiving day? Would love to come out and shoot a cull or do. Outlook8@yahoo. Com thanks

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/15/08 02:43 AM

outlook8 I sent you a PM

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/24/08 01:52 AM

thanx for the hunt john! me and josh had a awesome hunt! we will be coming back out! we will get with u soon to set it up! to anyone who is interested in these cull buck/doe hunts john is a great guy and guide! there are so many deer on this ranch it is unbeliveable, i had a really nice doe and 2 culls come out in the first hour i was in the stand one cull was a 6pt and the one i took was a 5pt but had more body mass! my buddy josh was in a different stand and had 5 does within 1 1/2hrs he took the biggest one he saw! so much fun!!! our hunt was done the first day but john let us come out the next day and spot more deer there are still many culls, alot of does, and some really nice big bucks with huge racks! we also went out with him while he checked feeders and cameras, he has some nice red stags, 2 zebras,black goats, there are animals everywhere! he is booking up fast DO NOT MISS OUT!!! and stay in the cabins he recomends there really clean and really close to the ranch and there right next to the lake/river caught a few bass when we were there too! there is not enough good things i can say about this hunt,ranch,and especially john and his family!!! i drove 5hrs from plano tx and am planning on doing it again! thanx again john and god bless!

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/24/08 02:47 AM

Thank you Larry, I enjoyed having you and Josh at the ranch and look forward to you guys coming back. I am glad you made it back home safe. McCain has my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: corvette

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/25/08 02:01 AM

pm sent. Thanks, Troy

Posted By: FinFowlAndWhitetail

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/27/08 11:11 PM

hey man i am interested in a hunt if you have any openings available shoot me a message please thanks chase

Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 10/30/08 02:16 AM

PM sent

Posted By: Jeff D

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/06/08 07:15 PM

Just finished a morning hunt with John, what a great time. Within 30 minutes of sitting we had four very nice bucks in front of us, two of them were larger than any deer I have ever seen.
Thank you John, I enjoyed it.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/07/08 04:11 AM

Thank you Jeff for the nice post! I had a great time and look forward to you coming back down and hunting with me again. Congrats on your Bear, send me some pics if you get a chance.

Posted By: GPS

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/07/08 01:45 PM

Next week can't come soon enough. I am taking my son, he is hoping to get his first buck. He is going nuts talking about our hunt!!!!!

Can't wait, see you Friday John.

Posted By: fins-n-grins

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/07/08 03:07 PM

My son (Casey) and I hunted with John 10/25 & 10/26. We had a great time. Casey shot a 6pt. & 3pt. on our first morning hunt. This was Casey's first deer hunt and he can't wait to go back. I think he is addicted for life. I can't think of a better way to introduce a youngster to deer hunting. Thanks again, John.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/08/08 04:25 AM

My brother and i hunted johns place this evening. We both ended up getting very nice 8's. John is an awesome guide and his son does an excellent job helping him out. This is a great hunt opportunity and they will be just as excited about getting a deer as you will!

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/08/08 04:36 AM

Did you shoot 8pt cull bucks or were they more expensive than advertised in this thread?

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/08/08 01:37 PM

Quote:

Yes Doe's are 200 each as well as Cull Bucks which will be spikes and bucks with less than 8pts that are 2 1/2 years old and older. [/quo

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/08/08 07:35 PM

sorry didnt realize which thread i posted in. i was on a different hunt than the one he advertised in this thread. Still a great opportunity on a great ranch!

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/09/08 03:25 AM

Brad thank you for the post, my son hasn't stopped talking about how is going to take my job. Big words for a 13yr old. I am very happy for you and Brian on a very succesful hunt this weekend.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/09/08 03:29 AM

caddokiller thank you very much for the clarification,and yes we offer 2 types of hunts on the ranch the doe and cull buck hunt and a Big 8pt and doe combination hunt.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/09/08 03:35 AM

fins-n-grins thank you very much for the kind words, I enjoyed hunting with you and Casey and cant wait for your you guys to come back. Thanks again for the cigar I lit it up after Brad and Brian killed there Big 8pts last night talk about relaxing!

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/09/08 03:49 AM

Finished our hunt up this evening with some nice does. Had a great time hunting with John and his son this weekend. Both he and his son do a great job and will make this a very enjoyable hunt.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/10/08 01:13 AM

So, what's the price on a "big 8pt and Doe" combo hunt?

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/10/08 02:25 AM

The Big 8pt and Doe combination hunt is 1500.00 this is a 2 day hunt and includes guide fee.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/10/08 02:31 AM

Brian and Brad I sent you a PM.

Posted By: Charlie B

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/10/08 05:24 AM

PM sent. Thanks

Posted By: ytsejam

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/10/08 11:34 AM

Sounds like a great deal.
do you have any thing open in the nov 19-21 slot?

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/10/08 11:56 PM

ytsejam I sent you a PM

Posted By: shakebaker

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/16/08 12:19 AM

If anything is still available could you send me a pm with prices and info. Thanks

Posted By: GPS

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/16/08 05:16 PM

My son and I spent Friday evening and Saturday morning hunting with John.....It was a great trip. Friday night Kyle braved the heat and the wasp and took his first buck! It was a cull buck 3 points, he took a 70 yard shot and dropped him solid in his tracks. Saturday we hunted in the cold and heavy winds. We did not see any cull bucks or does all we saw were TROPHY 8's and 10 point bucks.

This is a great place, John and his son are very good guides. You can't beat this offer!!!

Thanks John it was great. Below are a few pictures.

Greg

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/16/08 08:07 PM

Greg it was a pleasure to hunt with you and your son Kyle! You have taught your son well, its not often have I seen an 11yr old boy as mature and polite as Kyle and talk about a marksman,we watched this buck on and off for about 30 minutes and when the time came Kyle was ready and with one clean shot dropped his first buk in his tracks. Kyle my hat's off to you and your great up-bringing. Greg I cant wait for our next hunt! KYLE YOU THE MAN

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/25/08 06:25 PM

We are back up and running! Glad to see that all post appear to have transfered over

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/25/08 07:57 PM

good to see you got all your posts back john!

Posted By: DannyB

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 11/25/08 08:06 PM

Hey John, I really want to thank you for the great hunting experience that you provided for my son Saturday. His so-called cull buck from Bandera County is better than probably 90% of the bucks that I have seen around here in N.E. Texas in the last few years. We truly had a great hunt!

I suspect that there may be guides or outfitters offering cull hunts that could have simply pointed out a doe or spike like we saw Saturday morning and said to take the shot. However, you didn't even suggest a shot at one of them and instead told us we would make another run at them Saturday afternoon, which got him this nice seven-point, big-bodied deer. He is very proud. It was a great experience watching my son take a nice deer.

Thanks again and we hope to make it again next year.

Here is my son and his deer.

Here is John and my son.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 12/02/08 01:32 AM

I would like to Thank Everyone from the THF that has booked a hunt with me this year,and I hope those who have already hunted with me and my son had a great time and for those who's hunt is coming up I promise a great time. I have completed our booking for the 2008/2009 hunting season but will post again in June 2009 to start booking for the 2009/2010 hunting season and I hope to have many if not all who booked with me this year to come back and hunt with my son and I again next year.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 12/05/08 06:51 PM

I have 2 management Buck and Doe combination hunts left the price is 1500.00 for the biggest 8pt you see and a doe or cull buck. included in the price is your guide fee and preperation of your deer for transport from the ranch. We are under MLD so you dont use a tag on your license but you must have a current Texas Hunting License.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 12/22/08 02:53 AM

I would have to say I had the shortest hunt ever with one of my hunters from the THF this weeeknd! We got in the blind at 3:05 Saturday afternoon and by 3:25 we had her cull buck hanging in the tree back at the ranch house. It doesn't get much better than that. Thank you Danny and Kitty and Merry Christmas to all THF Members.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 12/25/08 01:22 AM

Just a little story about what a great guy John is. My buddy took his 15 yr old daughter down to hunt with John the weekend after thanksgiving and when they got in the stand John started telling them he had a VERY nice 8 point running around the place with a broke leg. Well lo and behold a few minutes later he walks out there and John tells tells Taylor to take the buck. He could have waited and tried to sell the deer off at a higher price or told her not to shoot it but he let her take it at the cull buck price. I know she had a great time and truely appreciated it. Thx for being a great guy John and I hope you have a wonderfull hunting season and a merry christmas.

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 12/25/08 10:36 PM

Brad Thank you for the kind words and I was very happy to see Taylor kill a great buck as I hope she was. Merry Christmas to you and your Family and see if Taylor could post a picture of her 8pt if she gets a chance.

Posted By: HatTrick87

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 12/27/08 04:52 AM

Any chance you can squeeze in another hunt? I would like to have my 10 yr old son kill his first buck with his Grandfather. Please send me a pm with any options available.

Thanks Bryan B

Re: Doe and Cull Buck Hunts - 12/29/08 12:03 AM

Bryan I sent you a PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum