Texas Hunting Forum

Looking For A Hog Hunt With My Son

Posted By: jrrose

Looking For A Hog Hunt With My Son - 11/07/11 10:31 PM

I am looking for a fairly cheap ($100-$200) hog hunt for my son and I within 1.5 hours of north Dallas (we live in Prosper). I say with my son, but he won't be hunting. He is 7 and has been asking to go on a deer or hog hunt with me and he wants to start hunting himself. I told him I would take him on a hog hunt with me and see how he liked it. Obviously he is young, but he is interested, so I want to make this as enjoyable as possible. At his age, a ride to the blind in a jeep or a mule would probably be as exciting as the hunt. With that said if we get out in the blind and he is freezing an hour into it, fine, we pack up and head out. I’m not worried about seeing giant hogs, I would rather see volume, it would be more exciting for him. I just want him to experience a hunt (he’s been dove hunting a couple of times and loved it), and see how he handles seeing a large animal take and cleaned.

Thanks in advance,

Joel

Posted By: Blake E.

Re: Looking For A Hog Hunt With My Son - 11/08/11 01:16 AM

We would love to have yall. We are located in Bowie, Texas. We could do a day hunt for $175. The only problem is that the pigs are nocternal right now. When it gets cold they will move in the mornings and late afternoon. If you wanted to wait till December we could get you on some pigs. Thanks, Blake

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum