Texas Hunting Forum

Deer hunt for daughter

Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Deer hunt for daughter - 06/26/11 10:02 AM

Howdy Folks,

Would be for my 13 year old daughter. Would like to accompany her on the hunt as a non-hunter. We are both responsible stewards of the land. She has been a great shot with her 243 but since she is outgrowing it we will probably move up to a 7mm-08.

We are not looking for a top level trophy hunt but maybe a nice cull and/or doe. Budget could be from $500 to $1,500 range.

We are located in DFW.

Posted By: don k

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 06/26/11 12:13 PM

Bowsnrods could probably help you out.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 06/26/11 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: don k
Bowsnrods could probably help you out.

X2 won't meet a nicer guy.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...untry_Ba#UNREAD

Posted By: Leadsh2

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 06/26/11 02:59 PM

TurkeyHunter
Yes we will offer this fall. We specialize in father/son or daughter hunts. Many of our does are hunted by our youth hunters.....we all remember our first trophy and the smiles on these hunters faces make it all worth it. We have many mature bucks this year as well. We have not hunted any of our bucks (other than culls for 4 yrs). Here is the web site.

www.lohnoakranch.com

Many ref avail including THF members.

Please let me know if you have any questions,Ron

Posted By: Hunt Wicked Close TV

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 06/26/11 03:17 PM

Give Doug Winn a call, He has some crazy big management deer and the whole hunt is 1750.00, you stay in his lodge and they feed you like royalty. Doug will get your daughter and a really nice buck..

www.lazywwhitetail.com

Posted By: Lazy W Whitetail

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 06/27/11 02:13 AM

Turkeyhunter I also have a daughter that has grown up loving to hunt so I know where your coming from. We own a ranch about an hour west of Ft Worth that ya'll would get a really good quality hunt out of. We would see a lot of different bucks of all age classes with the opportunity to harvest an exceptional management buck for $1750 and I'll even throw in a doe for her if she would like. This is a fully guided hunt with meals and lodging included. You won't find a better deal of this quality I promise. If your interested have a look at my website at www.lazywwhitetail.com or send me a pm.
Thanks Doug Winn

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 06/27/11 07:08 PM

Thanks for all of the ideas and replys. I'm going to write down each one and telephone within a week or so.

Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 06/27/11 09:22 PM

TurkeyHunter, I sent you a PM

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 07/04/11 02:43 PM

Thanks everyone for all of the ideas and offers. There was a lot to pick from. We have decided to go with Doug at http://www.lazywwhitetail.com/

Be safe!

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 07/04/11 05:06 PM

Turkeyhunter I am looking forward to having ya'll come hunt with us this fall.Thanks Doug

Posted By: heathe

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 07/04/11 10:07 PM

Good luck and have fun.

Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 07/05/11 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Thanks everyone for all of the ideas and offers. There was a lot to pick from. We have decided to go with Doug at http://www.lazywwhitetail.com/

Be safe!
You won't be disappointed!!! He has the deer!!! And the accommodations is top notch.

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 07/05/11 11:13 PM

Thanks for the kind words sqiggy, I'll try to stake you out a big tom next spring.

Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 07/06/11 03:42 AM

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u..._Hu#Post2409516

I could help make memories that would last a lifetime!

Posted By: whby05

Re: Deer hunt for daughter - 07/07/11 04:27 AM

look up mathewsbowman he usually does a big doe/youth hunt during the season that is lots of fun. its in the panhandle, sure to get plenty of oportunities at some does

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum