Texas Hunting Forum

Modular 4x6 Blind

Posted By: nonesuch

Modular 4x6 Blind - 09/21/09 03:55 PM

drawing of blind

I drew this up and started construction this weekend. I made a little change to the roof design and only built 4 rafters instead of 5 during construction. I also didn't draw in all the studs on the 6' walls but you get the idea. The base weighs 110 lbs. and the roof frame work weighs 20 lbs. I haven't finished the walls yet because I'm waiting on my windows to get here from Ray. I'll add actual pics of the blind once I finish the walls and get all the components assembled. The blind is completely modular and should be a cinch to put up by myself. I'm thinking about elevating it about 6-8'.

Specs:
Size: 4'x6'
Height: 6'7" interior height at peak and 5' 11" at walls
Framework: 2x2
Door Dimensions: ~5'8"x2'6"
Window Dimensions: 18"x10" and 38" from floor
Base Materials: 2x6 frame with 2x4 supports and 19/32" plywood

Posted By: Billy T

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 09/22/09 12:23 PM

I need pics. I am also waiting on my windows from Ray so I can install them.

Posted By: thorn4570

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 09/23/09 12:28 PM

modular is the way to go. easy to put up and take down. lets see some pics.

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 09/24/09 02:14 PM

I got my windows from Ray in yesterday. I'll hopefully have this baby finished up in a week or so. Pics are comimg once the windows are installed in the next day or two.

Posted By: Billy T

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 09/24/09 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: nonesuch
I got my windows from Ray in yesterday. I'll hopefully have this baby finished up in a week or so. Pics are comimg once the windows are installed in the next day or two.
How long did you wait for your windows?

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 09/25/09 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Billy
How long did you wait for your windows?
They took about 6 business days to get here from the date I ordered them.

Posted By: westexhunter

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 09/27/09 01:43 AM

cant wait to see

Posted By: gottadip

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 09/28/09 09:56 PM

can't wait to sit the pics!

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 09/29/09 12:56 PM

I didn't get anything done this past weekend because I went to the lease to do feeder maintenance , clean up, and a little hunting. Popped a small sow and got a 3.5'-4' rattler. Productive at the lease but not at the house. Will get some work done tonight and post pics tonight or tomorrow morning.

Posted By: MTA0019

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 09/30/09 09:19 PM

cool drawing. what program did you use to draw up those plans?

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 09/30/09 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: EasTxBowhunter
cool drawing. what program did you use to draw up those plans?

That is the best software on the planet 'cause it's free. Google SketchUp! I had zero computer drafting experience but after a couple of tutorials, I was up and running. Sure beats the old drafting table.

I didn't get anything done to the box blind like I planned. I wound up sealing the seams and coating my pop-up blind with UV protectant yesterday.

Posted By: a1huntingsupply

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 10/01/09 09:14 PM

That is very similar to the way I built mine.

Posted By: jackh

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 10/06/09 06:19 PM

those both look great

nonesuch please post pics when you can, im interested to see how yours turns out. i like the peaked roof a lot

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 10/07/09 10:55 PM

I'm going out to the garage right now. I just can't keep my mind on one project at a time. Hopefully I'll be ready to skin it this weekend.

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 10/08/09 03:55 PM

a1huntingsupply- how do you move that blind around?

when i finally get a mig welder im going to make one with big skids on it so i can drag it around the ranch

Posted By: a1huntingsupply

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 10/08/09 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: jackh
a1huntingsupply- how do you move that blind around?

I had to carry the pieces by hand because the trails are not big enough. It breaks down into six pieces.

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 10/08/09 10:20 PM

interesting. once you attached the base of the blind to the tower, how did you upright it?

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 10/29/09 01:34 AM

Finally got some pics uploaded but not of the most recent progress. I do have the whole thing skinned, roof is on, exterior is primed and interior is blacked out. Still have some finishing touches to complete. I'm glad I don't need this blind to hunt out of this year rifle
4x6 Blind Pictures

Posted By: TXXN

Re: Modular 4x6 Blind - 10/29/09 03:06 PM

That thing is built like a house...nice work! All you need now is an A/C unit and satellite!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum