Texas Hunting Forum

Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup?

Posted By: Mr. T.

Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 07/18/22 03:13 PM

I’m going to buy one of their stand and fill feeders I just can’t climb the ladder with 50lb of corn anymore. It is 175 miles one way to closest bucee’s. Will it fit in back of my short bed f-150?
Posted By: freerange

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 07/18/22 04:45 PM

Definitely. The upper hopper part is right at 29”. The entire footprint at base you can probably add another 20" or so(guessing.) Just turn them over, upside down. If you do it right side up, I would not trust the lid to stay on going down road. Put the lid in the cab. Make sure you get the timer with it cause they keep them inside and may not remind you. Let us know the price. Batteries there are usually about as cheap as you can find. You should like the feeders.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 07/18/22 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
Definitely. The upper hopper part is right at 29”. The entire footprint at base you can probably add another 20" or so(guessing.) Just turn them over, upside down. If you do it right side up, I would not trust the lid to stay on going down road. Put the lid in the cab. Make sure you get the timer with it cause they keep them inside and may not remind you. Let us know the price. Batteries there are usually about as cheap as you can find. You should like the feeders.

Everything right here.

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 07/18/22 06:57 PM

Thank you, I will post the price.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 07/18/22 10:33 PM

Everything FR said except if upside down you can keep lid on, it will be on the bottom.

Otherwise, yes, good to go, just rachet it down as it could still fly out with enough speed.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 07/18/22 11:06 PM

This will be the best hunting investment you've made this year and for years to come up
Posted By: rlfisher

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 07/19/22 02:21 AM

Just bought one and it laid in back of short base dodge go to ASF website and it will give you the measurements
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 07/19/22 02:32 AM

There's a Buccees in Royse City and Terrell, both of those should be closer than 175 miles to you.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 07/19/22 03:10 AM

I believe Mr. T. may have moved to DeQueen if not still in New Boston area. Mr. T. might as well take a trailer and get a pallet or two of corn $9.98 50# and they will load if buy full pallet. I didn't figure your gas but I think you recently posted $12.99+ on 50#. Good luck Sir.

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 07/20/22 09:15 PM

Just bought a feeder today and enough corn to fill it up. Feeder was $499 plus tax and corn $9.95 per 50lb bag p[Linked Image]
Posted By: freerange

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 07/20/22 09:58 PM

Thanks for the report and the pic. With the corn you wouldnt even have to strap it down. Prices can vary by location so curious which location.

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 07/21/22 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
Thanks for the report and the pic. With the corn you wouldnt even have to strap it down. Prices can vary by location so curious which location.

Royce City
Posted By: slippinaround

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 08/23/22 02:12 PM

No issues here in back of truck.

I know you didn’t ask for a review but to save you guys time and headaches—-Hogs will go underneath and bump the motor and bend the protective bracket for the wires. Here’s a thread discussing this: https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/8664684/2

Also, I have had raccoons constantly yank on the motor wires to drop down a couple of pieces of corn. The wires are exposed and will rub on the edge of the feeder where it goes up to the timer until the plastic insulation around the wire is exposed—-then the exposed wires blow the fuse on the timer. I put a protective cover over my motors like in the thread link above. I also put the wires inside a protective sleeve going up to the timer. No need to do this if you completely enclose the motor and wires

I hope this helps and saves some of you some trouble.

Good luck!

Posted By: Hunter11

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 09/08/22 01:56 PM

Also posted on another thread, but has anyone seen if the Madisonville Buccees has these in stock?
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 09/10/22 03:31 PM

I will add that you need to tie it down or weigh it down.

I was driving with it in the back of my truck and saw it starting to rise. I slammed on the brakes and tied it down.

Those things are light.

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 09/14/22 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by texasag93
I will add that you need to tie it down or weigh it down.

I was driving with it in the back of my truck and saw it starting to rise. I slammed on the brakes and tied it down.

Those things are light.

And take the lid off and put it in the car. Guy at Buc ees said several people over the years have come back wanting to buy a lid
because theirs blew off going 70 down the road and got ruined.
Posted By: techzan

Re: Will bucees feeder fit in back of pickup? - 10/06/22 02:17 PM

Turns out two of them will fit in the back of my Tundra. $479 each at Temple, TX location. [Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum