Texas Hunting Forum

best affordable protein feeder

Posted By: Lipan Creep

best affordable protein feeder - 04/25/22 09:31 PM

Looking to get a gravity protein feeder. Would like something under $500 that will last and function properly.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: best affordable protein feeder - 04/25/22 10:00 PM

If you can make it to the Cleo area with a trailer, I'll give you one, 1000#. It was given to me. PM me.
Posted By: freerange

Re: best affordable protein feeder - 04/27/22 03:18 PM

Thats pretty affordable. Do you throw in sausage?
Posted By: PMK

Re: best affordable protein feeder - 04/27/22 03:38 PM

That's a nice offer Creekrunner!

if I were buying, I would strongly consider GreenGo ... GreenGo Dealer List
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: best affordable protein feeder - 05/16/22 07:20 PM

Couple o' PMs...then nothin'. No "Sorry I can't make it." No "Thanks, but I'd like something new." Just man up dammit! That's them internets!

[Linked Image]

'Don't make me no never-mind. I'll just use 'em. Offer rescinded.
Posted By: PMK

Re: best affordable protein feeder - 05/16/22 10:25 PM

will a 1000#er fit into the bed of a truck (long bed with tool box)? maybe laying it over with legs sticking out behind (over the tailgate)?
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: best affordable protein feeder - 06/07/22 05:29 PM

Just know if your worried about the price of the feeder the protein you feed in a year is gonna cost you a whole hell of a lot more.
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: best affordable protein feeder - 06/09/22 03:16 PM

Take a look at the Boss Buck line of feeders.

https://www.bossbuck.com/deer-feeders/
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: best affordable protein feeder - 06/09/22 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan
Just know if your worried about the price of the feeder the protein you feed in a year is gonna cost you a whole hell of a lot more.

Agreed 100%. I like the ASF 500lb Stand & Fill, but that's going to cost you ~$200 to fill it up every time.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: best affordable protein feeder - 06/12/22 01:28 PM

If cost is a factor, as it is for most that don't want to spend a few thousand per year on protein, get a timed All Seasons Protein Feeder. I use Protein as an attractant, not a supplemental feed program for my large free range hunting set up. I fill it for about 225-$250.00 and it lasts about 3 months. It kicks off at about 15-20 minutes after sun up after the coons have gone back to bed. I start in September and typically run it about 4 months. Dominant, bigger bucks find it when they really need it.

I feed corn year round, about a 3 second spin once per day, and then starting September I throw corn twice per day, 5 seconds and an additional spin about about 0830 for 3 seconds. Starting in September this program is about 600 lbs every 6-7 weeks.
Posted By: rickym

Re: best affordable protein feeder - 06/12/22 04:15 PM

Affordable and protein do not go together at all!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum