Texas Hunting Forum

All Seasons Barrel Buddy

Posted By: krmitchell

All Seasons Barrel Buddy - 09/12/21 09:24 PM

Anyone seen this yet? Seems like an interesting concept if you could stake it down good enough.

https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/p...edium=email&utm_source=shopify_email
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: All Seasons Barrel Buddy - 09/12/21 09:45 PM

Only issues I see is as you mentioned tipping over, the other is I don’t see a solar panel. You can attach legs to get it a little higher but still be a stand and fill and stake the legs down. Also not sure what switching out the motor would entail.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: All Seasons Barrel Buddy - 09/12/21 10:21 PM

They should have made legs that face out horizontally and you wouldn’t have to stake it down.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: All Seasons Barrel Buddy - 09/12/21 11:22 PM

Have to get on your knees to set the timer. There's a company previously mentioned that sells a better design but I can't remember the name right now.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: All Seasons Barrel Buddy - 09/16/21 11:10 AM

I like it. Most feeders need to be staked down. Just drive two t posts next to it, wrap wire around it and you're there. Deer hunters are resourceful, I see a lot of ways to add solar and elevate it
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: All Seasons Barrel Buddy - 09/16/21 12:12 PM

Good idea. up
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: All Seasons Barrel Buddy - 09/16/21 01:48 PM

Put it in a feed pen and no need to stake it down. I looked at these(online)about 2 months ago....my only concerned was with rainfall and getting moisture inside the opening causing it to rust quicker.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: All Seasons Barrel Buddy - 09/16/21 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by stxranchman
Put it in a feed pen and no need to stake it down. I looked at these(online)about 2 months ago....my only concerned was with rainfall and getting moisture inside the opening causing it to rust quicker.

In a pen, I'd still drive one t post and wire it up. A few hits with a t post driver and in less a minute it's done. I might just have to get one of these for a hog set up.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: All Seasons Barrel Buddy - 09/16/21 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Originally Posted by stxranchman

In a pen, I'd still drive one t post and wire it up. A few hits with a t post driver and in less a minute it's done. I might just have to get one of these for a hog set up.

If you are in an area without rocks then the 4 stakes that come with the feeder will hold it down inside a feed pen.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: All Seasons Barrel Buddy - 09/16/21 04:20 PM

Note on bottom of ad states barrel and battery not included?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum