Texas Hunting Forum

Big Country Blinds

Posted By: Creekrunner

Big Country Blinds - 07/26/21 09:35 PM

Just a quick thumbs up for Big Country Blinds (Brownwood). I needed one more blind to complete my sets at the ranch. I ordered one with an end door and a window in the door in April, through their dealer in Junction, West Bear Creek General Store (feed store). Like everywhere else, they were backed up and having trouble getting RV doors and windows. I had my doubts (erroneously) that I was being told the truth, so I called the manufacturer, a couple of times. I think it's his cell and he either answered, or returned my call after leaving a voicemail (a rare thing in these times) both times. He assured me it was coming and held to the date he said it'd be in Junction. 'Picked it up today. It's a well made, "good enough" fiberglass blind, with slide up windows and rain awnings over the windows. 4X6. I have fancier, and I have cheaper, including my soon-to-be finished restoration project - "Château Débrix" (so named for my minimal carpentry skills). roflmao
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/26/21 09:49 PM

worthless

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/26/21 10:04 PM

I thought about pictures, but, it's really just another basic, fiberglass blind.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/26/21 10:41 PM

What size box? With a tower or without?

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/26/21 10:48 PM

4X6. No tower.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/27/21 12:41 AM

4x6 is the ideal size in my opinion. Did it have the RV door?

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/27/21 12:52 AM

Yes, RV door with a small, hinge-up to magnet window in it. I picked it up on a 19 year-old tilt utility trailer that is now that blind's permanent resting place (until the floor rots out). The tilt/hinge never provided for a good ground for the trailer lights and I've fought it all these years. 'Made it back without a ticket! Deck-screwed it down to it. If I don't like that spot, I can move it to another. Plus, I'm done with renewing the license on that sucker. A set of jack stands is coming from Amazon. Tomorrow morning, in the relative cool, it will be placed at "The Swamp".
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/27/21 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Yes, RV door with a small, hinge-up to magnet window in it. I picked it up on a 19 year-old tilt utility trailer that is now that blind's permanent resting place (until the floor rots out). The tilt/hinge never provided for a good ground for the trailer lights and I've fought it all these years. 'Made it back without a ticket! Deck-screwed it down to it. If I don't like that spot, I can move it to another. Plus, I'm done with renewing the license on that sucker. A set of jack stands is coming from Amazon. Tomorrow morning, in the relative cool, it will be placed at "The Swamp".

Seems you have a win win situation there.
Posted By: B_Man

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/27/21 11:31 AM

What was the cost of the 4x6 Big Country Blind??

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/27/21 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by B_Man

$1,575.00, pre-tax, with the window in the door.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A blind with a "veranda". grin
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/27/21 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by B_Man

$1,575.00, pre-tax, with the window in the door.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A blind with a "veranda". grin

Looks great, should fill some tags out of it. Or, at least be dang comfy ~~!!
Posted By: freerange

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/27/21 03:24 PM

We almost always buy blinds "gently used" or build our own so I havent kept up real closely to new blinds pricing. Isnt that a good bit cheaper than other fiberglass the same size? I assume that its maybe not quite as quality....?? Looks plenty good, so just asking out of curiosity. We have bought 7 used blinds in the last month or two and havent got any of them up yet, so Im definitely not in the market.
Posted By: Fltmedic

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/27/21 04:14 PM

Looks good and for the price seems like a great deal!
Posted By: B_Man

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/28/21 11:22 AM

I agree with Fltmedic- looks good and the price is very reasonable especially with the window in the door.
Plus the door seems like it is 5' or 6' tall for easy access going into the deer blind.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/28/21 05:35 PM

Looks good. I would add me a 'good' step on ground at back to step up onto the trailer to enter blind. No wobbly or slick rock and in the winter with boots and heavier clothes at my aging I like a little shorter step.... I'm in the market for a cheap small trailer to do similar set up with metal blind materials I've been gathering to build a nice 5x7
Posted By: PMK

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/28/21 06:41 PM

up nice, I saw a similar stand on a trailer and they put the swivel type tongue jacks on both side at the rear for leveling / stabilizing. something like THIS

But I agree on putting some type of very stable step at the rear.

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/28/21 08:44 PM

Agreed on the step. There's plenty of huge rocks on my place that will cut the distance up by half. Although, during an ice storm, nothing is of any help. I was hunting during the new year's day storm and I looked like the idiot burglars in Home Alone trying to get up the steps and into a blind. roflmao
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/28/21 09:19 PM

Please consider a Go Pro.

Re: Big Country Blinds - 07/28/21 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Please consider a Go Pro.

The schadenfreude is strong with this one. smirk
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Big Country Blinds - 08/02/21 12:47 PM

That’s a nice one Creek
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum