Texas Hunting Forum

The Judge 500# feeder

Posted By: 603Country

The Judge 500# feeder - 07/07/21 08:14 PM

I looked one over this morning. I need one more feeder. Seems like they have covered all the bases on what works, and it’s short enough to be easy to fill. Not cheap though, at $600. Anybody using them? What’s the verdict on reliability?

Wiring is hidden from coons. The timer is The Timer, and I like that. The motor is inside the feeder, and I think I like that.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: The Judge 500# feeder - 07/07/21 10:20 PM

A few years ago they were everywhere and now you never see them. I call that a sign

The few I look at looked thin
Posted By: 603Country

Re: The Judge 500# feeder - 07/07/21 11:21 PM

The metal wasn’t super thick, on top anyway, but I don’t think that’ll be a problem. What I like is that NOTHING is exposed to coon damage.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: The Judge 500# feeder - 07/08/21 01:53 AM

$600 isn't a terrible price I think. Most feeders sold can't compete with a Ramball feeder if you're talking strength.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: The Judge 500# feeder - 07/08/21 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
The metal wasn’t super thick, on top anyway, but I don’t think that’ll be a problem. What I like is that NOTHING is exposed to coon damage.

Get one from Ramball. All wiring is hidden as well, stand and fill. Thick metal. Had one for 5 years and zero issues.
Posted By: PMK

Re: The Judge 500# feeder - 07/08/21 01:45 PM

also look at GreenGo feeders, seem very well built and cheaper that most others on the market. My SIL has two he has been running for a couple of years, only issue was squirrels tore a wire on one but I fixed with another shield.

GreenGo
Posted By: booskay

Re: The Judge 500# feeder - 07/08/21 02:33 PM

I"m the biggest advocate of Buck-ees feeders,,,, that being said, on 3 of them that I have, I have replaced 2 of the cheepo timers that come with them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum