Texas Hunting Forum

Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder

Posted By: Tkshunting

Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/29/21 05:06 AM

[Linked Image]

Has anyone used these feeders or have any infor. on them? I’m getting tired of replacing the motors on the moultrie ones I have been using. If you have any feedback it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/29/21 11:17 AM

That bolt together leg set up set up and that ladder look interesting at best. In addition to the continual issue of constant, up & down, up & down motion all while carrying sacks of corn. The Bucc-ees stand and fill (see thread on this) is near the price point and ways lots safer. Way lots.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/29/21 02:56 PM

Yep, Stand and Fill is the only way to go.
Posted By: booskay

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/29/21 04:09 PM

I suspect Bucc-ees will put most other feeders out of business. No one can come close to them.

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/29/21 07:57 PM

I actually want one of the stand and fills from Bucc-ees but can never catch them in stock. My nearest one is in Baytown.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/29/21 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tkshunting
I actually want one of the stand and fills from Bucc-ees but can never catch them in stock. My nearest one is in Baytown.

Find an All Season Dealer. I know some HEB stores and their HEB convenience stores that carry feeders carry them also. The HEB convience store in Kenedy Texas carried the same EZ-Feeder as Buc-ee's carried.
https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/collections/ez-feeders/products/400-ez-feeder
TSC has them on their website also.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...z-400-lb-broadcast-feeder-990218-1499020
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/29/21 11:22 PM

I have the first generation of this feeder that doesn’t have the window to seethe level of the feed and I believe the solar panel is on the feeder it’s self now. I have had it for at least 9 years and have only changed the motor once. I do like the changes they made and have been very happy with it.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/30/21 01:03 AM

Stand and fill for me. No more carrying bags up any ladder ever again.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/30/21 01:11 AM

I’ve replaced all my feeders with Buccees Stand and Fill. Best investment I’ve made on my place. Worth the drive if possible.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/30/21 01:25 AM

We have 3 on my place, one is 6 yrs old, have two of the new ones with glass sight and ready for solar. Not a problem with em. As for as filling em, just put the bags in the Ranger makes it lot shorter of a pitch. Have found out to put a little extra muscle when you are putting em together! 2cents
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/30/21 03:05 AM

[Linked Image]

Has anyone used these feeders or have any infor. on them? I’m getting tired of replacing the motors on the moultrie ones I have been using. If you have any feedback it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Best friends has had three since 2008 or 09. We had to replace timers and motors and rebuild cages to make them actually varmint proof.

Lid’s hinge is the only real weak part in the design. 2/3 have broke and we just wire lids down now.

At that price I’d say they are worth it. With that said I think the bucee’s all season is a better product(electronics and design) for just a touch more money. Stand and feed is also safer, it’s hard to put a price on a broken back or bulged disc from a fall.
Posted By: BbarVRanch

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/30/21 01:24 PM

Stand and fill.

This one assembles in just a couple of minutes, and holds 700 pounds.

Game Winner brand too.

(Boar has been dead for about a month. RIP Spot! grin )

[Linked Image]

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/31/21 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by BbarVRanch
Stand and fill.

Game Winner brand too.

[Linked Image]

I like these also but they are out of stock at the moment as well.

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 05/31/21 06:22 AM

At that price I’d say they are worth it. With that said I think the bucee’s all season is a better product(electronics and design) for just a touch more money. Stand and feed is also safer, it’s hard to put a price on a broken back or bulged disc from a fall.
[/quote]

That’s a fact for sure.
Posted By: jimbob

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 06/07/21 06:14 PM

Have had 3 pf those for years with no issues. Yes i have upgraded the varmit cage to a bear proof model. Never had a hinge problem either. I just back truck to mine so i dont even have the ladder rungs attached. Want it lower ?
just take 1 of the 3 leg sections out or 2 if ya really want it low.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 06/07/21 10:00 PM

I found one down and shot to hell on my place. Hauled it to the dump and used those leg chains for hanging PVC coon guards on an old feeder I cobbled together from other junk I've found on the place. I do think the stand and fills will eventually run this type out of the market. Heck, the gun dealer/smith in Junction sells a few cheap stand and fills, with the narrow area throw plate area. I might break down and buy one. A couple of other (expensive) stand and fills, absolutely raved about on here, have not worked out so well. bang Lesson learned.
Posted By: BiggeSmalls

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 06/08/21 02:38 PM

TBH, the best feeder for the money really is the one at Bucees that ASF makes. Remember though, I said for the money, if you want a heavier duty feeder, you have to spend more money. It cracks me up when I see people complaining about a $250-350 feeder that isn't as thick, heavy or backed up (parts or customer service) as a more expensive one.

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 06/28/21 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by BbarVRanch
Stand and fill.

Game Winner brand too.

[Linked Image]

I like these also but they are out of stock at the moment as well.

Ended catching one of these in stock at my local academy. We’ll see how it do.
Posted By: Whammy

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 06/29/21 10:02 PM

I have one of the Big-A feeders. The one complaint I had is he diameter of the cage around the motor is too small and a coon can reach the motor. I replaced it with my own. When it is dry and I can get my truck in there I can step from the tailgate onto the ladder at the correct height to just dump a bag of corn.

I have never had a problem with the hinge on the lid. I also attached a rain gauge so I can see how much it rained.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Game Winner 600lb. Big-A VP Feeder - 07/23/21 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Yep, Stand and Fill is the only way to go.

Fo sho!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum