Texas Hunting Forum

Remote controlled feeder

Posted By: TTT Ranch

Remote controlled feeder - 03/28/21 12:26 PM

I want to hang a small bucket style feeder in a tree near a stand I hunt periodically. I’d only ask to to throw when I sit in that stand. Anybody know of a remote controlled spinner/timer?
Posted By: DoubleDrop32

Re: Remote controlled feeder - 03/28/21 02:13 PM

American hunter, sub brand of boss buck, has a kit you can put on the bucket and there is a remote you can purchase for the kit.

https://www.bossbuck.com/xd-pro-kit/

https://www.walmart.com/ip/American-Hunter-Remote-Feeder-Activator/890032531
Posted By: Rifleman1775

Re: Remote controlled feeder - 03/31/21 04:49 AM

The Remote made by same people that make The Timer, can be added to a spin feeder
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Remote controlled feeder - 03/31/21 04:08 PM

I use these. If you can hang the wire outside it will work at 75 yards. With the wire inside the feeder I can work it at 25 yards. Simple clamp-on hookup and squeeze-crimp two wires to the feeder motor wires.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: freerange

Re: Remote controlled feeder - 03/31/21 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rifleman1775
The Remote made by same people that make The Timer, can be added to a spin feeder

Always thought it would be a great idea but I never followed up on it—if I haven’t already I probably won’t.
Actually may make more sense with a small bucket—you would just need one an take it with you an hang from a tree as you walk to stand..... nidea
Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1

Re: Remote controlled feeder - 04/02/21 02:22 PM

https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/collections/parts-accessories/products/the-remote

This would probably be the only one I'd spend any money on. I bought an All Seasons Feeders "Tactical Timer" for $40 when they were discontinuing them. I wish I had bought a dozen now, it came with a remote that worked from 120 yards
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Remote controlled feeder - 04/02/21 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by TTT Ranch
I want to hang a small bucket style feeder in a tree near a stand I hunt periodically. I’d only ask to to throw when I sit in that stand. Anybody know of a remote controlled spinner/timer?

I use “the” remote, mine works at 100 easy and 250 on occasion

Re: Remote controlled feeder - 04/02/21 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by freerange

Always thought it would be a great idea but I never followed up on it—if I haven’t already I probably won’t.
Actually may make more sense with a small bucket—you would just need one an take it with you an hang from a tree as you walk to stand..... nidea

I’ve actually used it to call deer in from 800 yards away
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Remote controlled feeder - 04/13/21 03:54 PM

Does anybody make one with cellular capabilities? I'd like to bait for hogs but only feed Thursday-Saturday and only weekends when I plan to be there. If I could access the timer from my phone that would be pretty nice.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Remote controlled feeder - 04/15/21 02:51 PM

Seen them. they are out there.

Re: Remote controlled feeder - 04/16/21 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Does anybody make one with cellular capabilities? I'd like to bait for hogs but only feed Thursday-Saturday and only weekends when I plan to be there. If I could access the timer from my phone that would be pretty nice.

They have cellular triggered hog traps so I betting someone has on.
Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1

Re: Remote controlled feeder - 04/16/21 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks

https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/collections/parts-accessories/products/feedsync-timer

This is all I’m aware of right now
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum