Texas Hunting Forum

Registering/Tagging a Military Trailer/Blind

Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Registering/Tagging a Military Trailer/Blind - 12/21/20 08:51 PM

Anyone done this recently? I bought a blind/military trailer. Hard to figure out on the websites what is required. Not a big trailer, so no need to inspect (I don't think, at least based upon the information on the tongue), but just wondering before I go up and have to turn around and come back (which as we all know seems to happen to much).

I was going to have a bill of sale and 130-U.

Thanks for any insight.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Registering/Tagging a Military Trailer/Blind - 12/22/20 08:11 PM

I'd just get a temporary tag to move it unless you're planning to drag it up and down the road a bunch.

https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/register-your-vehicle/temporary-permits
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Registering/Tagging a Military Trailer/Blind - 12/28/20 01:21 AM

Remove ALL identifying tags, numbers & s/n then put your s/n on it. Take a carbon penciled copy plus a pic of new s/n to registration office, declare it a shop made trailer.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Registering/Tagging a Military Trailer/Blind - 12/28/20 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Remove ALL identifying tags, numbers & s/n then put your s/n on it. Take a carbon penciled copy plus a pic of new s/n to registration office, declare it a shop made trailer.

If you put your own serial numbers on it a DPS officer has to inspect and approve the trailer, you can get a tag for a shop built trailer without a serial number. It’s crazy but I just registered one this way and it leaves a lot of options for a stolen trailer. At least this is what the tag office told me and I registered a trailer I built for a 2 man boat without a serial number with no questions asked.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Registering/Tagging a Military Trailer/Blind - 12/28/20 08:20 PM

Registering a military trailer as a shop built trailer sounds like a bad idea to me.
Posted By: Big_Country01

Re: Registering/Tagging a Military Trailer/Blind - 01/14/21 08:04 PM

How often do you plan on moving it on the road?
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: Registering/Tagging a Military Trailer/Blind - 02/04/21 01:31 AM

Easiest way if you don't plan on moving it much is doing a temporary tag.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum