Texas Hunting Forum

Feeder Light for Hogs

Posted By: Sauerkraut

Feeder Light for Hogs - 12/13/20 07:28 PM

Anyone have a suggestion for a hog light for feeders? Thermal scopes are little out of the budget....
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Feeder Light for Hogs - 12/13/20 07:43 PM

Elusive Wildlife has some of the better ones on the market but their still expensive plastic lights but they work and you can kill pigs under them.
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Feeder Light for Hogs - 12/13/20 07:47 PM

They work, I’ll check my brand.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Feeder Light for Hogs - 12/13/20 07:55 PM

On Amazon, look for the better rated solar lights.

I'm not saying they're perfect, but, at low power, they'll stay on all or nearly all night.
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: Feeder Light for Hogs - 12/14/20 12:46 AM

I buy mine from Harbor freight and they work just fine. They sell a solar one for close to 20 bucks and they have the motion detector that lets you know if anything is moving around there by getting brighter. Been using them for years...
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Feeder Light for Hogs - 12/14/20 02:24 PM

I've used this one for 5 years now. About $50. Still working and it sits under my feeder in the varmint cage year round. When I hunt,
I set it on bright light and motion detection. That way the lights only come on when something is under the feeder.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/MOULTRIE...g-Light-w-30FT-Radius-MFA-12651/34456736
Posted By: SlaminEm

Re: Feeder Light for Hogs - 12/15/20 02:13 AM

i have the same one as Mr.T they are $ 40. on ebay works great
Posted By: Sauerkraut

Re: Feeder Light for Hogs - 12/15/20 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. T.
I've used this one for 5 years now. About $50. Still working and it sits under my feeder in the varmint cage year round. When I hunt,
I set it on bright light and motion detection. That way the lights only come on when something is under the feeder.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/MOULTRIE...g-Light-w-30FT-Radius-MFA-12651/34456736

Moultrie light FTW
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Feeder Light for Hogs - 12/16/20 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by syncerus
On Amazon, look for the better rated solar lights.

I'm not saying they're perfect, but, at low power, they'll stay on all or nearly all night.

We put a few of these (green) out this past weekend and they lit up the feeder area pretty well. I put 2 of them about 15-20 yards in front of my feeder about 20-25 yards apart from each other and could see anything around the feeder without needing a scope.
Posted By: glocker17

Re: Feeder Light for Hogs - 01/24/21 08:13 PM

I did a DIY light, way more light output and it runs the cellular game cam as well. 50W Panel, Old car battery, cheap solar controller to turn light on/off. I mounted a small green led flood on a piece of 1" conduit about 12ft up with set screws to adjust it from the ground. casts a nice even light without shadows.

Have less than $100 in it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Western

Re: Feeder Light for Hogs - 01/26/21 03:23 PM

I have a slow glow and it is nice, love the remote and the light power is great, but sure not the cheapest option.
Posted By: Ag Hunter 78

Re: Feeder Light for Hogs - 02/07/21 11:01 PM

I bought 2 sets of two solar lights similar to this one on a big clearance sale. I will use a couple on the house and the other two for feeder hog lights. I plan to get some of that green headlight film to put on them, then simply mount them on an 8 ft landscape timber that I'll dig in near the feeder. Hope it works.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/74L-ED-S...-Garden-Waterproof-Night-Light/106228804
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum