Texas Hunting Forum

White Oak acorn flavored corn

Posted By: 603Country

White Oak acorn flavored corn - 10/01/20 02:14 AM

Deer and pigs loved it last year, and our feed store has it back in stock. I bought a bit of it. Really seems to be more effective at attracting game than regular corn.
Posted By: llbts1

Re: White Oak acorn flavored corn - 10/02/20 02:34 AM

Where did you find this at?

Re: White Oak acorn flavored corn - 10/02/20 11:02 AM

S&S feed in Groesbeck.

Re: White Oak acorn flavored corn - 10/03/20 02:39 AM

Is it a powder you put on the corn? That's all I found on the net.

Re: White Oak acorn flavored corn - 10/03/20 02:09 PM

The corn must have the odor or flavor added at the seller. This flavored corn was sacked at Waller, Tx.

You can buy the Hog Wild powder attractant, which I sprinkle on the corn sometimes, and you can add it to corn as you fill a feeder. I’ve noticed that the deer love that stuff. And it does attract hogs. It has an odor that should travel a long way downwind. This batch of White Oak flavored corn, like what I used last year, doesn’t have a strong odor.

Re: White Oak acorn flavored corn - 10/03/20 03:05 PM

Thank you
Posted By: colt.45

Re: White Oak acorn flavored corn - 10/03/20 09:21 PM

White oak vs red oak...
Deer prefure the white oak, confused2 sweeter & maybe fewer white oaks.
Kinda like a desert in thar diet...
up Post around oak rofl
flag
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: White Oak acorn flavored corn - 11/05/20 09:11 PM

I have found that rice bran dumped around the ground draws deer, hogs and varmits of all types. Oddly enough, some people say it does nothing for their place.

I’ll be going to the feed store to get some tomorrow. It’s a game changer for us.

Re: White Oak acorn flavored corn - 11/06/20 03:13 AM

Dave, I tried the rice bran. A couple of does stuck their noses in it and looked like cocaine addicts. After that nothing touched it and it rotted on the ground. I haven't give it much thought since then.
© 2021 Texas Hunting Forum