Texas Hunting Forum

Metal Siding Blind

Posted By: Sick Train

Metal Siding Blind - 09/29/20 04:20 PM

Years ago we built a 4x8 blind and ever since we've had nothing but issues with wood peckers putting holes in it. Probably due to the wood we used. I'm tired of patching it up every time we go out there so planning on just siding over the wood with some R-Panel. Any of you guys used metal siding on your blinds? Any advice would be much appreciated on the installation of it. Local company sells it in a few different colors as well.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Metal Siding Blind - 09/29/20 04:52 PM

It ought to work just fine. When I saw the post, my thoughts went to a metal blind I built many years ago. In the dark I often managed to bang the gun muzzle into the metal wall, making a really loud non-hunting-friendly sound. But you’ll have wood on the insides of the walls, so you should be fine.
Posted By: JCO

Re: Metal Siding Blind - 10/01/20 03:25 AM

Mueller will sell it to you flat if you order it
Posted By: don k

Re: Metal Siding Blind - 10/01/20 11:51 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sick Train

Re: Metal Siding Blind - 10/01/20 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by JCO

Is Flat better to use than R Panel? Figured flat would be a little more difficult to install while on a ladder due to being more flimsy.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Metal Siding Blind - 10/01/20 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sick Train
Originally Posted by JCO

Is Flat better to use than R Panel? Figured flat would be a little more difficult to install while on a ladder due to being more flimsy.

I think he means flat as in unassembled, rather than flat as in non-ridged?
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Metal Siding Blind - 10/01/20 02:41 PM

We laid our blind down while installing flat sheets.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Metal Siding Blind - 10/02/20 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Txhunter65
We laid our blind down while installing flat sheets.
[Linked Image]

That's a good looking blind.
Posted By: ELKMTB

Re: Metal Siding Blind - 10/19/20 06:12 PM

Flat is better. with R panel you will have to trim out or fill with foam to keep wasp out.

I also like the concrete infused siding- smart siding. Last a long time and quieter and more insulated than steel
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Metal Siding Blind - 10/19/20 08:07 PM

I have the same woodpecker problem, but I have a fiberglass blind. This off season I think I’m going to cover the exterior in a thin galvanized metal and then coat with bed liner. I won’t you R Panel or anything similar due to wasp
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum