Texas Hunting Forum

Spinner Plate

Posted By: Sick Train

Spinner Plate - 09/23/20 08:14 PM

Getting ready to purchase some new eliminator spinner plates and noticed they have a square one now. Any advantages of using the square one over the round one?
Posted By: Western

Re: Spinner Plate - 09/24/20 01:07 AM

I have the square one (been out at least 5 years), throws corn up to 40' with my 12v feeder. Majority of the kernels are within 15-20', but there are some "flyers"! They work...
Posted By: bholt

Re: Spinner Plate - 10/26/20 10:02 PM

I bought two to replace the cages, apparently the coon used as a May Pole, which broke one side of the linkage. I went back to cages, however most find them beneficial and have good luck.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Spinner Plate - 10/27/20 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by bholt
I bought two to replace the cages, apparently the coon used as a May Pole, which broke one side of the linkage. I went back to cages, however most find them beneficial and have good luck.

I have a game camera photo of 12 Racoons hanging on my spinner cage. It was one of those run of the mill offerings from Academy. Likewise they ripped the whole cage down. I then took my feeder to Kevin Weaver and he built a ground level sled with a battleship grade anti-varmint cage. Have not had a problem since.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Spinner Plate - 10/28/20 04:43 PM

I like the square ones. Throw a tad farther, and gives you a tad more "wiggle room" to center over the funnel.

Western, Reloader- Hope y'all are well!

-Weaver
Posted By: Western

Re: Spinner Plate - 10/30/20 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by TxAg
I like the square ones. Throw a tad farther, and gives you a tad more "wiggle room" to center over the funnel.

Western, Reloader- Hope y'all are well!

-Weaver

Surviving Sir, hope you're busy and 2 weeks behind on builds
grin Feeder you sold me still running hard after all this time up
Posted By: Rifleman1775

Re: Spinner Plate - 11/03/20 12:59 AM

I put a SpinTech spinner on one of my feeders and got rid of the cage. No longer had the grand canyon under my feeder. Losing the cage allowed more corn to be slung further out and causes less crowding when there are multiple deer at the feeder at the same time.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum