Texas Hunting Forum

Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades?

Posted By: JDMore

Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/17/20 06:32 PM

Picked up a poly tank blind a few weeks ago, looking for ideas on upgrades.

Any insight or photos to see what you’ve done?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/17/20 06:35 PM

What extras did you have included in yours?

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/17/20 06:41 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mooney_ag

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/18/20 03:09 AM

Gonna be hot early in the season. Put an rv style vent on top
Posted By: freerange

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/18/20 03:33 PM

mooney, im curious why it would be any hotter than any other enclosed blind.
Op, what kind of potential upgrades could there be besides maybe shelves, carpet, insulation??? We have finished out several similar to that and love them. That looks like the ones that are 5'4" in diamater and thats great for one and ok for two but not quite big enough for two to be comfy. If anybody knows where to find them that are 6' diameter let me know cause ill buy several.

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/18/20 09:17 PM

I’m curious to see pics of the upgrades (all you mentioned).

I haven’t measured but 2 adults can sit in this comfortably with 2 kids.

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/19/20 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
mooney, im curious why it would be any hotter than any other enclosed blind.
Op, what kind of potential upgrades could there be besides maybe shelves, carpet, insulation??? We have finished out several similar to that and love them. That looks like the ones that are 5'4" in diamater and thats great for one and ok for two but not quite big enough for two to be comfy. If anybody knows where to find them that are 6' diameter let me know cause ill buy several.

I’m wanting to insulate / add shelves etc. I am upgrading the windows the deerview style flip open.

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/19/20 10:44 PM

Im not sure you need to insulate. What would you use to insulate?
Ive never noticed windows like ones in your pics. To take advantage of the round design we put windows equidistant from each other all around so you can view and shoot in every direction. We add a shelf under each window(about 6" down which is lower than yours) so that you can rest your elbow and side on the shelf/wall to shoot in any direction with a rock solid rest. You rest under one window and shoot out the other usually. You arent taking full advantage of the round design if you dont have a different window layout. We have built hexagon or octagon also(not poly) that takes advantage of the 360 viewing and shooting as well. Not intending to be negative about your design but you seem to be fishing for input and we have done several of them. The 360 view may be more important to us cause we usually are set up where you can see a bunch of country. Curtains or something similar can be added to block your outline in certain directions as needed/wanted.

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/19/20 11:53 PM

I bought this the way you see it and am planning changes / upgrades. I’ve never hunted from a tank blind, so this whole season will be a test and each time I sit I’m sure I’ll come up with ideas / things I need.

I know it needs more shelving, will be working on that and figuring out how to best add them without creating holes (trying to limit any water intrusion points). Where it sits down, and my hunting situation, I have 2 windows towards the feeder and I have a north / south window which gives me access to the trails / paths going to and from. Before it’s all said and don’t, extra windows may be added, like the 360 view you’re talking about.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/20/20 04:47 AM

Solar charger with boat battery and 12 volt fans and lights with charging stations
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/20/20 02:39 PM

Upgrade to a Ranch King blind up

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/20/20 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dalee7892
Solar charger with boat battery and 12 volt fans and lights with charging stations

I actually just installed the panel, controller and battery yesterday. Need to find some fans now.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/20/20 09:38 PM

What controller did you buy?

Charlie

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 08/21/20 03:21 AM

TP-solar Solar Panel Kit 20W 12V Monocrystalline with 10A Solar Charge Controller + Extension Cable with Battery Clips O-Ring Terminal for RV Marine Boat Off Grid System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RZBVTGR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_v2ZpFbQ737T2E

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 05/06/21 09:40 PM

So how did the season go with your tank blind? Did you do any upgrades? Im still looking to find any of those tanks that have a diameter about 5'8" to 6'2" if anybody knows of any.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Poly Tank Blind - Upgrades? - 05/13/21 05:30 PM

Looks great
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum