Texas Hunting Forum

Deer Blinds Accessible by the Disabled

Posted By: Homer Jay

Deer Blinds Accessible by the Disabled - 05/01/20 02:08 AM

Are there any outfits around that make deer blinds that a 70 year old Veteran with one leg can drive his ATV right up into? Have you heard of such a thing or seen one?
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Deer Blinds Accessible by the Disabled - 05/01/20 02:12 AM

We put people on the moon, surely we can find a way to put a man in a deer blind. Must be a way.
Posted By: hogwart

Re: Deer Blinds Accessible by the Disabled - 05/01/20 07:39 AM

I have not seen a blind that fits the description but I have seen a tracked wheel chair that would make it possible.
I believe it's called the action tracker chair.

I got to take it for a test run, the thing is awesome, it can go just about anywhere an ATV can go, it can be used as a sit down wheel chair or it can support a disabled person in a standing position.

But it costs about the same as a small pickup.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Deer Blinds Accessible by the Disabled - 05/05/20 03:26 AM

The season I was in a wheelchair, my son got a moving crate,, about 4wx7lx7h, put in windows and a door. I drove my scooterto the blind, up the ramp inside, It was a tight fit to turn around but was doable. I don't think a atv will work, but a large ground blind should.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Deer Blinds Accessible by the Disabled - 05/05/20 03:14 PM

I would think an appropriate size stand could be built to accommodate a 4 wheeler (if it had a reverse). merely make a 3 sided blind with the open side having a ramp to drive up and into the blind. Maybe use a roll up curtain on the open wall for better concealment once in place. I would think the window height would be more critical to suite proper and comfortable shooting.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Deer Blinds Accessible by the Disabled - 05/05/20 11:37 PM

I am guessing he is mobile, with a walker, crutches or some how. So how about just a 4x4 ground blind where he can drive up to it, use crutches or??? and go in.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum