Texas Hunting Forum

Best free choice protein feeder?

Posted By: Gatorpoint

Best free choice protein feeder? - 03/10/20 02:37 AM

Looking for opinions on free choice protein feeders. Size/capacity is not a concern as actually smaller may work better for me. I live on my land where I hunt so I can maintain easier than most. Heard pros and cons of all seasons. Any input would be appreciated. I have 2 boss bucks and they work great. Just wanting to add another couple and wanted some opinion on other brands.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Best free choice protein feeder? - 03/10/20 04:47 PM

my next feeders, both spinners and protein, will likely be GreenGo built in Brownwood TX but have dealers all around the state. Dealers
Posted By: BiggeSmalls

Re: Best free choice protein feeder? - 03/10/20 05:35 PM

If you are having luck with the Boss Buck then why change? Stick with what works for you. My ASF feeders have been great. I had one small problem that was correct very quickly. I can't speak for any other brands, but that sold me from then on. Look for who takes care of you after the sale.
Posted By: DoubleDrop32

Re: Best free choice protein feeder? - 03/10/20 06:26 PM

Boss buck is the best in the business. I actually work for Boss Buck. Pm me if you have any questions or need anything
Posted By: txhuntingguide

Re: Best free choice protein feeder? - 04/12/20 12:30 AM

Outback 100% you will never have to buy another feeder
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Best free choice protein feeder? - 04/13/20 01:00 PM

We appreciate round portals in lieu of trays. Just don't seem to clog as easily.

If I had to buy another, it would be the plastic ones from Texas Hunter. You can easily fill them from your tail gate, they are easy to move if needed and quite durable.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Best free choice protein feeder? - 04/17/20 12:40 PM

What do you guys think of the HB feeders ? Seem to be built solidly
Posted By: pmnitro

Re: Best free choice protein feeder? - 04/18/20 10:53 PM

We are using 6 HB 750# protein feeders. Built to last a lifetime.

Re: Best free choice protein feeder? - 04/19/20 05:20 PM

See the HBs at feed store. They certainly look sturdy enough.

Re: Best free choice protein feeder? - 04/20/20 03:06 PM

This the smallest of the previously referenced Texas Hunter products. They are listed as being a stand & fill and if tall & strong that is correct. We back right up to them and fill off the tailgate.
This one holds 600 pounds, is durable, is extremely light weight (easy to move) and does not easily clog. We think loss to varmints and birds is minimal. They also make them in 900 and 1,200 pound capacities.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: roadkill54

Re: Best free choice protein feeder? - 04/29/20 07:45 PM

Outback all the way although they are a little pricey.....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum