Texas Hunting Forum

Feeder Problems....

Posted By: Tbar

Feeder Problems.... - 02/08/20 04:56 PM

We have a timer/motor that just went haywire and started running continuously. All the batteries are new.

When we got here I checked it and the LCD screen was squirrelly so I put new AA batteries in it but no joy(big batt is new last month). Pushed the test button and nothing. There was still a little corn on the ground so it must have just happened. We pulled the lid and threw more corn out on the ground and let the hunter hunt that evening. He hunted there the next morning and had just left the stand to recover a MLD buck when the feeder went off and kept running. After 2 minutes he figures out there is a fault and braves the missile attack to unplug it.

I am using “The Timer”. The LCD screen is still screwed up and there is a red light over the word “motor.”

Do I need a new controller?

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Feeder Problems.... - 02/08/20 05:01 PM

My process is

Try another battery, not battery ->
Try to hot wire motor direct to battery to check it, -> not motor
New timer/controller

Posted By: hetman

Re: Feeder Problems.... - 02/08/20 08:48 PM

the timer has a 4 yr or 5yr warranty take it to anyplace that sells them and it should be covered
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Feeder Problems.... - 02/08/20 09:21 PM

There is a RESET button on those timers. Push it in and that may put you back in business correctly. Like Hetman said they have good warranty which most dealers will honor.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Feeder Problems.... - 02/08/20 10:12 PM

Back in 2016-2017ish there was a batch of those that were bad and did that exact thing. You might have one of the bad ones, it would be worth a call to them on Monday with the serial number
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Feeder Problems.... - 02/09/20 01:10 AM

Thanks for the info!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum