Texas Hunting Forum

Multiple feeders - same time settings?

Posted By: noose

Multiple feeders - same time settings? - 01/29/20 01:38 AM

Just curious if y'all run your feeders so they all go off at the same time or different times. I will probably set them to run at identical times so the don't move from feeder to feeder and I attract more overall head. So far on feeder 2, I've seen 3 large bucks that I haven't seen on my other feeder which is only about 300 yards away. I'm going to add a third soon and began to wonder on timing...
Posted By: Booner1

Re: Multiple feeders - same time settings? - 01/29/20 02:11 AM

There are 12 feeders on our place and all are set for the same feed times and the same length of throw. This helps deter the deer from moving from feeder to feeder and helps give us a more accurate count of the number of deer, sex and age structure on our bucks. Some bucks are seen on other feeders from time to time but the turkey on the other hand, that is another story. They go from one to the next, to the next, to the next. Lol.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Multiple feeders - same time settings? - 01/29/20 02:43 AM

I have a few feeders that are set to a different time but that’s because of location and the behavior of the deer at that particular feeder. This means setting some early/later depending on when the deer are hitting. One feeder the deer like to show up 2 hours before dusk. Others they show up 5 minutes before. I adjust accordingly and get in the stand later on those that don’t have deer showing up early. Our feeders are far enough apart it is rare to see the same deer at different feeders so no issue with them going from feeder to feeder.
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: Multiple feeders - same time settings? - 01/29/20 03:38 AM

I have one down in a bottom area that I set off earlier in the afternoon and later in the morning just because its 20 minutes light difference
Posted By: scrambler

Re: Multiple feeders - same time settings? - 02/07/20 03:49 PM

We have all of ours set at the same time (roughly). The exception are the pig feeders that do not have pens around them.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Multiple feeders - same time settings? - 02/07/20 04:48 PM

four, all the same times.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Multiple feeders - same time settings? - 02/07/20 05:24 PM

If more than one on the same stand, always set to throw at the same time. Different hunters prefer different throw times, so no standard on our place in that regard. As a result, we do get animals migrating from one feed area to another, but it's not viewed as a problem. Still plenty of animals seen at one, but not others in a given hunt.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Multiple feeders - same time settings? - 02/09/20 02:32 PM

All the same time
Posted By: pertnear

Re: Multiple feeders - same time settings? - 02/09/20 03:51 PM

Our 4 feeders are all set the same 7:15 AM & 4:15 PM for 5 secs.

It seems like everyone sets 2 feeding times: one in the morning & one in the evening. Has anyone ever tried multiple feeding times for example: 3x a day; 2 short duration's 30min apart (morning/evening); 1 or 2-sec feedings through out the day; or ?
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Multiple feeders - same time settings? - 02/09/20 05:07 PM

Three feeders, different uses and different times.
One that's dedicated to deer runs year around 1 hr after daylight and 1 hour before sundown.

Other two are deer feeders in season and pig feeders when not in deer season.
During deer season, they run at same times as dedicated deer feeder.
After deer season and up until about a month before deer season, these two go on "pig time" which varies and is earlier (8ish) in spring and fall and later (9-11ish) during summer months.

I don't hunt deer but have friends and family that do.
I only hunt pigs and just watch game cameras and will hit them midweek during deer season if they are showing up and anytime when not during deer season.
Posted By: noose

Re: Multiple feeders - same time settings? - 02/10/20 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by pertnear
Our 4 feeders are all set the same 7:15 AM & 4:15 PM for 5 secs.

It seems like everyone sets 2 feeding times: one in the morning & one in the evening. Has anyone ever tried multiple feeding times for example: 3x a day; 2 short duration's 30min apart (morning/evening); 1 or 2-sec feedings through out the day; or ?

During deer season I was running mine an hour after sunrise, noon, and an hour and a half before sunset. I had a large group coming an going all day long. Out of season, I have turned down the time a little and it's just an hour after/hour and a half before for 5 seconds on each run. I'm probably going to back to three times a day - maybe 4 seconds each run. I'll turn my second feeder into double duty at noon and midnight for hogs.
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: Multiple feeders - same time settings? - 02/13/20 07:04 AM

17 feeders all set same time. Just no confusion trying to figure out when and where.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum