Texas Hunting Forum

Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price?

Posted By: noose

Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/03/19 03:05 PM

I need another feeder and want a 600+ pounder. I've looked at a bunch but I really like the plate throw in my Judge. I've tried the cobbled together winch ups and varmint cage types and I'm not impressed. I guess you get what you pay for. Is there something similar to the Judge that is a little less spendy? I've got the 300 lb and the solar is angled up, no wires exposed and the motor is completely self contained. I have had a 300 lb judge running for 6 years straight and the only failure has been one battery. It's about time I paint the lid, though, as the powder coating is just about done. I have the slightly shorter version of the pic below but want a bigger volume so I don't have to fill so often... any options that are as solid?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/03/19 04:59 PM

This feeder is found a Buc-ees

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/7455911/1/bucc-ees-stand-and-fill-review

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/03/19 06:36 PM

I saw that one but was concerned about the motor and wiring exposed. I see some mounted a vent on the bottom and someone posted that they fixed the issue with an update. I'll have to go to a bucees and see one in person I guess.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/03/19 10:30 PM

Ramball 36 a member here makes a good looking feeder in varied sizes.
Posted By: Frio Town

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/04/19 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Wilhunt

I bought two of Ramball's corn feeders in September. 600 lb. capacity. Only mistake is I should have bought 6-8 more. They are the last ones you will buy, as they are that well made.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/04/19 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Frio Town
Originally Posted by Wilhunt

I bought two of Ramball's corn feeders in September. 600 lb. capacity. Only mistake is I should have bought 6-8 more. They are the last ones you will buy, as they are that well made.

Third this, but they are a little more pricey than the judge feeder shown above. I believe the judge lists at 699, or is it 599? Either way, the 600# by ramball36 is 750. Not a huge difference, but ramball's are made like a tank and they are great. Bought two in the group buy and got another just recently...
up
Posted By: Ahornet55

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/04/19 05:49 PM

I bought one of the EZ feeders from buccees and love it.. The one I bought actually had aluminum fabricated coming from the motor protecting the wire. Only thing that is showing or exposed is the motor but have had 0 issues with it and is pretty awesome feeder for the price
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/04/19 06:00 PM

Only thing I dislike about the Bucees feeder is how quiet it is. I never hear it from 100 yards away
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/04/19 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by titan2232
Only thing I dislike about the Bucees feeder is how quiet it is. I never hear it from 100 yards away

I would love that for a certain spot on my place that I'm thinking about. 'Don't want to tempt a certain Cajun that has his lodge on the other side of the fence. grin
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/04/19 07:34 PM

They are the last ones you will buy, as they are that well made.

I have two of his 1000lb feeders, you are correct, the last feeder you will ever buy, heavy duty and very well constructed
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/05/19 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by noose
I need another feeder and want a 600+ pounder. I've looked at a bunch but I really like the plate throw in my Judge. I've tried the cobbled together winch ups and varmint cage types and I'm not impressed. I guess you get what you pay for. Is there something similar to the Judge that is a little less spendy? I've got the 300 lb and the solar is angled up, no wires exposed and the motor is completely self contained. I have had a 300 lb judge running for 6 years straight and the only failure has been one battery. It's about time I paint the lid, though, as the powder coating is just about done. I have the slightly shorter version of the pic below but want a bigger volume so I don't have to fill so often... any options that are as solid?

[Linked Image]

I called one of the dealers that Judge shows but couldn't get a price or even where I could go get one. Seems no one has any or knows where any are at.

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/05/19 07:25 PM

Mummes in Hondo has 3 on hand. 830-426-3313.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/05/19 07:54 PM

Mummes in Hondo has 3 on hand. 830-426-3313.

Take a look at my name and location. Now check and see how far it is from Pittsburg to Hondo.

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/05/19 08:08 PM

I know where Pittsburg is at!! You ask if anyone knew where any were at so I answered your question!!
Posted By: PMK

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/05/19 09:22 PM

duel touche'
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/05/19 10:04 PM

Cabelas sells the judge feeders, and will deliver them to your house. It will cost some extra in freight shipping, but they will do it.

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/06/19 12:15 AM

Ok, so I called judge directly and they made me a deal I couldn't refuse. Theirs is actually a 500# but it comes with THE timer, solar, etc. I'd like to look at the ramball's as it seems like a similar type product but the group buy is over. Hopefully he does it again next year and i'll get one. For now I'm going to settle on the above judge because I got a smoking deal. Their warehouse is in pflugerville and I think they make them somewhere over on congress. If you live around the austin metroplex and are looking for a good one, I'll give you his number but you'll have to PM me for details as I don't want to put any kind of pricing out there in public.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/09/19 07:02 PM

Bucee's feeders....best deal by far. $399 all in for the 600 lb'er.

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 12/09/19 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by DocHorton
Bucee's feeders....best deal by far. $399 all in for the 600 lb'er.

I looked at that one but didn't want to have to mod the bottom to deal with the exposed motor and cable so I went ahead with the judge. I definitely want to check out a Ramballs, though, as I'm a "buy once" kind of guy. Here's the feeder 24 hours after setup:

[Linked Image]

Re: Anything as good/better than Judge feeders for the price? - 01/20/20 08:48 PM

Just coming back to update. My 500lb judge is stil working great. I bumped it up to high from medium and turned down the time since it throws more. I get a pretty big spread. I'd still like to get a Ramball but @ 500 out the door, this was just too good to pass up and I'll probably get another.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum