Texas Hunting Forum

Deer View Windows Alternative

Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Deer View Windows Alternative - 10/30/19 08:27 PM

I have tried to give them business since by initial purchase about 3-4 years ago on 2-3 occasions and each time I've tried they are so unprofessional I just cannot do business with them.

They don't return emails of phone calls within 24 hours. Never answer the phone. I tried to avoid this and go directly to their website and order the common sizes they show available. Ordered 8 of them, charged my card promptly. After that, no confirmation of follow up of any kind. After about a week I called to get status and about a day and a half later I got an email reply informing me it would be at least 5 weeks before they would contact me about shipping my order. I of course told them to pound sand and cancel my order.

I went to the same resource I used the last time, Dickinson Feed Store online. Same type windows for the same price. I ordered them Monday and received them TODAY.

So for those of you that want better service for the same window, Dickinson will take good care of you.
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 10/30/19 08:30 PM

I just had the same experience. 5 weeks turned into 9 weeks. Quality wasn't great either, two of the corners on a window were not fastened correctly. Won't use them again.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 10/30/19 09:16 PM

Thanks for the heads up with Dickinson, I will check them out. Deerview has gone down hill for sure.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 10/30/19 09:38 PM

So sad when someone has a good idea, gets the business going good and strong, and then pisses it all away by not taking care of business.

Thanks for keeping us all in the loop and giving us a reasonable alternative. This is where the internet really pays off and, sometimes, but not always, makes people running businesses WAKE THE HELL UP!
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 10/30/19 10:11 PM

Ask Judd, we looked at several versions at the TTHA show that were as good as or better than Deerview
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 10/30/19 10:52 PM

I was not happy with my deerview window purchase process either but eventually the windows did show up. I wouldn't recommend them.
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 10/30/19 11:54 PM

I ordered my windows from deer view in March they were even custom size had zero issues I believe it took two weeks quality was what I expected I called them to do my order no issues picked them up at there front door
Posted By: Sick Train

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 10/31/19 01:08 PM

I purchased some windows from our local McCoys store thanks to a fellow member and got around to installing them this past weekend. They seem to be well made, time will tell how they hold up.
Posted By: Southtexas36

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 10/31/19 03:53 PM

Ideal Aluminum Products out of Victoria is where I get mine from. On a side note, I posted this pic some time ago here on THF, the windows are on this blind are from Ideal Aluminum Products.......fast forward and I'm on Deerview's website and the pic of this blind is on there advertised as some of their windows. All I can figure is the pic was grabbed from here and put on their website confused2

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lotto

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 10/31/19 05:07 PM

McCoy's have deer blind windows...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rifleman1775

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 11/01/19 02:42 AM

I've got Disckinson feed flip up windows in two blinds and they work great. Completely silent and very easy to install.
Posted By: TheHunted

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 11/12/19 06:53 PM

Marc,

I do apologize that you missed our manufacturing time on the front of our website when placing your order. It's listed clearly to save any issues. Our office is continuously on the phone this time of year and do return calls. Our website shows standardized sizes but does not indicate immediate availability. When your order was placed online; you receive an email confirmation with the manufacturing time listed above. We have been known to take care of THF members over the years and continue to do so. We ship upwards of a thousand windows a week all over the nation with very little issue. As always I personally stand behind our products and can always be emailed directly at tyler@deerviewwindows.com.
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 11/12/19 07:42 PM

typical experience; my first order turned into a cluster of epic proportions. I will say Tyler will ultimately make it right but his office staff is a joke and there are too many other options to continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 11/13/19 10:57 AM

I just needed one window for my shed/makeshift deer blind when the wind is wrong, went to McCoy's and for $50 bought a nice aluminum flip up with magnet. I do not know what deerview windows cost but this is a nice window and the price was ok. I could see it being a better value around $35 but retail is retail and availability is a factor.

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 11/13/19 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by TheHunted
Marc,

I do apologize that you missed our manufacturing time on the front of our website when placing your order. It's listed clearly to save any issues. Our office is continuously on the phone this time of year and do return calls. Our website shows standardized sizes but does not indicate immediate availability. When your order was placed online; you receive an email confirmation with the manufacturing time listed above. We have been known to take care of THF members over the years and continue to do so. We ship upwards of a thousand windows a week all over the nation with very little issue. As always I personally stand behind our products and can always be emailed directly at tyler@deerviewwindows.com.

Yes that's correct your web page does not show your standard sizes to not be available for 5 weeks. It accepts your order as if they are in stock. Where you are wrong is I did not, and have never received a confirmation email from your company....... I received a reply back after I inquired about receiving no confirmation of any kind after my order.....at that point I was told about the 5 weeks minimum until they would ship. I asked the order to be cancelled and your company reply was they were happy to cancel the order. I would never be happy to cancel business with a customer but to each their own........and being that I am an active member of THF I disagree, you do not continue to take care of members business based on my personal experience.........and for the members reading this not only does the website accept your order without a confirmation it charges your credit card immediately before information about a 5 week waiting time.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 11/14/19 04:03 AM

I got a confirmation when I ordered late September, but I agree -- I had no clue there was a 5 week wait time until I got my confirmation (see below)

Thank you so much for your order. We appreciate your business.

Questions or to check status; please email sales@deerviewwindows.com

Our current manufacturing time is 5 weeks.
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 11/14/19 04:17 AM

I saw mine when I ordered, and in the email. But, at 6 weeks I called and they said it would be delivered the Friday of week six, and it finally came week 9 with poor quality...........
Posted By: TLew

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 11/14/19 04:32 AM

Mine just came in yesterday. Guess I need to crack open the box and look at the condition rather than just porting them to the lease sealed up tight

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 11/14/19 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted by TheHunted
Marc,

Yes that's correct your web page does not show your standard sizes to not be available for 5 weeks. It accepts your order as if they are in stock. Where you are wrong is I did not, and have never received a confirmation email from your company....... I received a reply back after I inquired about receiving no confirmation of any kind after my order.....at that point I was told about the 5 weeks minimum until they would ship. I asked the order to be cancelled and your company reply was they were happy to cancel the order. I would never be happy to cancel business with a customer but to each their own........and being that I am an active member of THF I disagree, you do not continue to take care of members business based on my personal experience.........and for the members reading this not only does the website accept your order without a confirmation it charges your credit card immediately before information about a 5 week waiting time.

Our manufacturing time is listed on the home page of our website; "prior" to ordering... Also on the emailed order confirmation you receive automatically when you place your order via the website. We were happy to obliged the cancellation request. Nothing we could do to expedite; that was the next resolution. I apologize that you missed the manufacturing lead time prior to placing your order. It's listed on the website clearly to save any confusion; and also published on your order. I am certainly disappointed that you are dissatisfied in your experience and we will certainly work at making some changes in the future. I will however say we try to communicate everything up front as lead times are concerned and they are always published directly on the home page.

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 11/14/19 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by TLew
I got a confirmation when I ordered late September, but I agree -- I had no clue there was a 5 week wait time until I got my confirmation (see below)

Thank you so much for your order. We appreciate your business.

Questions or to check status; please email sales@deerviewwindows.com

Our current manufacturing time is 5 weeks.

This information can be found on the home page of our website.

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 11/14/19 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Stratgolfer
I saw mine when I ordered, and in the email. But, at 6 weeks I called and they said it would be delivered the Friday of week six, and it finally came week 9 with poor quality...........

Please PM me details. I would love to get this taken care of.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 11/16/19 02:49 AM

I built four blinds three years ago using Deer View. They were great then. Delivered as expected and quality was good. I hate to hear of recent issues, I hope they work it out.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 12/02/19 07:59 PM

Purchased a lot of windows over the last 7 years from Deerview. Some I've been very pleased with the last couple of sets not as pleased. I can also attest to the lack of customer service. No one ever answers the phone. Lucky for me I drive by their shop daily so I've always stopped by to place orders.
Posted By: TTT Ranch

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 12/05/19 02:39 AM

Just got 3 sets of windows picked up from them and have to give credit where it’s do. They look great and the turnaround time was 2 weeks (they told me if would be 5 weeks).
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 12/05/19 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Stratgolfer

My exact same experience and time frame.
Posted By: spg

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 12/09/19 11:22 PM

I built 11 blinds over the last 5 years and used deer view for all. I ran into the same issue with one order that took 7 weeks for delivery. After the late delivery I called until someone finally answered and bought what ever they had in stock and could ship immediately. The windows are a quality product and I hope the company can catch another gear and improve efficiency. Deerview, as you can tell your product is highly sought after I hope your team can reorganize and gain back some recognition.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 12/10/19 01:28 PM

What Deerview needs is more competition like the alternative the OP posted, that will motivate to do better more than anything.
Posted By: lonestar

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 12/10/19 03:39 PM

The Original Deer Blind Window Co.
Cleburne/Keene, TX
817-659-2568

I have purchased windows here a couple of times. I think this is where the guy at Deerview got his experience and start.
Not sure how to add a link, but, they do have a website.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 12/10/19 05:04 PM

I ordered via the website, had no issues and my windows were delivered on time. Two were custom, two were stock sizes. This was May-June of this year. Service was good, quality was excellent. He's doing something right, close to 1,000 per week. This may be like complaints on F-150's. A lot of complaints on them, but relative to units sold? Good thing about this forum, we can all call it as we experience it.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 12/10/19 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by lonestar
Cleburne/Keene, TX
817-659-2568

I have purchased windows here a couple of times. I think this is where the guy at Deerview got his experience and start.

https://www.thedeerblindwindow.com/
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 12/10/19 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by lonestar
Cleburne/Keene, TX
817-659-2568

I don’t think that’s where Tyler got his start.
Posted By: maktastik

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 12/11/19 05:05 PM

These are windows from The Original Deer Blind Window Co....

They are great and the company has great service and fast shipping!

Attached picture 59570656914__C2457C3D-AEEC-4279-B912-B82061A50538.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0047.jpg
Posted By: lonestar

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 12/12/19 03:19 PM

He may not have started there , but, I am 99% sure he was the one I talked to when I bought my first set from them (Ray's at that time) years ago. I then bought some from him after he moved to Burleson and then again in Mansfield.

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 01/06/20 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
I ordered via the website, had no issues and my windows were delivered on time. Two were custom, two were stock sizes. This was May-June of this year. Service was good, quality was excellent. He's doing something right, close to 1,000 per week. This may be like complaints on F-150's. A lot of complaints on them, but relative to units sold? Good thing about this forum, we can all call it as we experience it.

This was the same experience I had the first time I bought from them.........tried twice since then and totally different experience.......I would like to see them right the ship and time will tell that story......
Posted By: TheOriginalDeerBlindWindow

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 10/08/22 07:18 PM

Thanks for the shout out!!! We have been around for over 15 years. Family owned and operated! We also try our best to give the best customer service we can. Built by hunters for hunters!
Posted By: passthru

Re: Deer View Windows Alternative - 10/09/22 11:31 PM

We buy a bunch of doors from them. Have been very pleased.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum