Texas Hunting Forum

Fiberglass Blind owners - roof sealing question

Posted By: CharlieCTx

Fiberglass Blind owners - roof sealing question - 09/27/19 06:30 PM

I have a Boss Game Systems blind which I think is top-notch. I'm starting season 3 with it and while I don't see anything, I wonder if I should paint the roof with something before next summer to protect it from our warm Texas sun?
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Fiberglass Blind owners - roof sealing question - 09/27/19 06:52 PM

Good question, to which I have no answer. But I have the same question, though how in the heck I could paint it would be another question. The paint on the outsides has gotten faded and chalky, but I don’t see that as a problem.
Posted By: HLo

Re: Fiberglass Blind owners - roof sealing question - 09/27/19 07:27 PM

Rustoleum paint has worked well for us on wood and fiberglass. Easier to do before you stand up the blind.
Posted By: phathawg

Re: Fiberglass Blind owners - roof sealing question - 09/27/19 11:06 PM

Truck bed liner. Home Depot carries it in quart and gallon cans. Used it to seal a leaky turtle tank. Worked great.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Fiberglass Blind owners - roof sealing question - 09/28/19 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by phathawg
Truck bed liner. Home Depot carries it in quart and gallon cans. Used it to seal a leaky turtle tank. Worked great.

The bed liner thing sounds like a pretty good idea. Thanks for the recommendation!
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Fiberglass Blind owners - roof sealing question - 09/28/19 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
Originally Posted by phathawg

The bed liner thing sounds like a pretty good idea. Thanks for the recommendation!

Bed liner and epdm rubber roof coating for rv’s works well also
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum