Texas Hunting Forum

Solar timers

Posted By: Undercoverdog

Solar timers - 09/14/19 05:27 PM

I remember yrs ago when I hunted on a friends lease he had a Solar timer on his feeders.

It would let the feeder throw at sun up and sundown to start with then would adjust to 1/2 hr later in the morning and 1/2 earlier in the evening.

You didn't have to adjust your feeding times for the days getting shorter in the late Fall and Winter.

My question is do they still make this timer? I have searched and can't find any thing like this on the innerweb......Thanks.....Dog
Posted By: Pigsicles

Re: Solar timers - 09/14/19 06:21 PM

Flambeau Kenco Smart Timer sold on Amazon.
I had the Kenco Smart timer for years also and they worked very well. I guess Flambeau boughtbthem.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Solar timers - 09/15/19 12:57 AM

With technology and data storage not being an issue now days. I have always wonder why there isn't a timer company that has programmed all of the sunrise and sunset times for the next twenty years into a timer. It would be neat if you could enter the zip code and how many minutes before sunrise or sunset that you want. Then you would never have to reset your feed time again.
Is there such a thing?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Solar timers - 09/15/19 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
With technology and data storage not being an issue now days. I have always wonder why there isn't a timer company that has programmed all of the sunrise and sunset times for the next twenty years into a timer. It would be neat if you could enter the zip code and how many minutes before sunrise or sunset that you want. Then you would never have to reset your feed time again.
Is there such a thing?

There was a company in Austin that made a timer 20 yrs ago now that would do that plus it could be converted back to a normal timer. I would self adjust daily to the sunrise and sunset. You picked the times in minutes before or after sunrise or sunset to set your feeding times. IIRC it was SSI that made the timers. You entered your zip code to set your sunrise and sunset data. They could be 6 volt or 12 volt with the same timer. I had them on a ranch in South Texas for timered protein feeders. I was told that they will still make them for large orders for certain customers.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum