Texas Hunting Forum

Cover up bow blind

Posted By: Norbe5

Cover up bow blind - 08/03/19 01:41 AM

So I just built this bow blind. It all came from free pallets from my dads business and just scraps in order to build it.
I have about $30 in it. I call it my Frankenstein Blind!
I was wondering what I should use to cover the front window/open space. I already have playwood to cover the sides and the back wall so just missing the front where I would be shooting the bow through. I have some of that academy camo netting I might try but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to cover this up and leave me a good shooting window or 2.
Thanks!

Attached picture EBFD85D8-8DDD-4EF7-B54F-10F892C72FB7.jpeg
Posted By: PMK

Re: Cover up bow blind - 08/05/19 05:13 PM

looks like you are in mesquite brush country ... chop out some shooting lanes and pull the limbs/brush you cut back to the stand to break up the sharp pattern. Could also get some chicken or welded wire to partially cover up the openings, then use some of the brush intertwined thru the chicken wire using bailing wire or zip ties
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: Cover up bow blind - 08/06/19 05:24 PM

I agree with PMK, natural vegetation and zipties. I've done this many times when brushing in duck blinds with great success.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Cover up bow blind - 08/07/19 04:11 AM

Agree witht he ones above, if I have it available Cedar works great for that cover and even after the cut edar turns brown it is still cover and smells good and is generally a bug deterrent to boot
Posted By: Norbe5

Re: Cover up bow blind - 09/19/19 01:01 AM

This is what I came up with so far.
All materials I had laying around the lease from previous hunting spots.
I just need to attach some natural brush since the wrap is from a pop up bow blind.

Attached picture 6D04D37F-5CB7-4D5F-98DB-44F481716B97.jpeg
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Cover up bow blind - 10/11/19 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Norbe5
So I just built this bow blind. It all came from free pallets from my dads business and just scraps in order to build it.
I have about $30 in it. I call it my Frankenstein Blind!
I was wondering what I should use to cover the front window/open space. I already have playwood to cover the sides and the back wall so just missing the front where I would be shooting the bow through. I have some of that academy camo netting I might try but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to cover this up and leave me a good shooting window or 2.
Thanks!

Not sure what you have running under that tin roof but it looks like 1x4 maybe? If so, I'd consider adding another support brace in the middle of those runs to help with eventual sag/twisting. Sturdy first, pretty last. Shot some of my best deer from the ugliest blind in the group but it was well built. Just reskinned it last year after a hail storm left me no choice. Pretty sure it was 17 years old when I did that.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum