Texas Hunting Forum

Show me your shooting rest designs!

Posted By: Greg Z

Show me your shooting rest designs! - 05/23/19 07:01 PM

Thinking of putting in some kind of hinged shooting rest in my 4x6 blind. Show me your ideas.

-Z

Re: Show me your shooting rest designs! - 06/26/19 07:21 PM

no one?
Posted By: freerange

Re: Show me your shooting rest designs! - 06/27/19 07:14 PM

Not as involved as what youre suggesting but you can just run a board from window to window to rest your right side on. You can also just have kind of a "crutch" for the same purpose that's just a 2x4 running up and down with a short 2x4 for under your arm. Its just free standing so you can move it. Anything hinged would be pretty impractical since you wouldn't know where to put it unless you could predict where the deer would be. We have tried to use round or hexagon shaped blinds which allow you to put a shelf under each window and no matter which window you shoot out of there will be a rear rest for right side. So effective it could almost be outlawed.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Show me your shooting rest designs! - 06/27/19 07:41 PM

I'll try to find a pic, but I did one with an expanded metal shelf that was hinged on the side of the blind even with the bottom of the window. You could hinge it up and I had a kickstand setup on the end where it would sit in place perfectly for a right handed shooter.

Re: Show me your shooting rest designs! - 07/13/19 02:59 PM

Would love to see a pic Ramball.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Show me your shooting rest designs! - 07/15/19 12:28 AM

There is a guy near Houston that makes a rest that will hang in a blind window. My wife carries her's from blind to blind. I'll see if I can find a picture.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Show me your shooting rest designs! - 07/15/19 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
There is a guy near Houston that makes a rest that will hang in a blind window. My wife carries her's from blind to blind. I'll see if I can find a picture.

That idea has promise. Really love to see the pic or get more info.
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Show me your shooting rest designs! - 07/15/19 06:31 PM

tag
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Show me your shooting rest designs! - 07/22/19 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher

This the one you talking about? I first used one in 2006 and really like them. We had one in every deer blind and especially for first time hunters of any age, they worked great. Very simple design and were made by are retired LEO from Katy IIRC.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Show me your shooting rest designs! - 07/23/19 04:38 PM

here's [Linked Image]
a photo of just using a board as a shooting rest for your arm.
Posted By: N.Tx

Re: Show me your shooting rest designs! - 07/31/19 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. T.
here's [Linked Image]
a photo of just using a board as a shooting rest for your arm.

Really like this. Has me thinking I'll put a 2x2 around my perimeter at perfect rest height and have a 2x6 that can be placed anywhere on the 2x2.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Show me your shooting rest designs! - 07/31/19 05:03 PM

Yes, I only slide the board over when I'm getting ready to shoot. Otherwise it is out of the way.

Re: Show me your shooting rest designs! - 08/03/19 05:54 PM

any others?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum