Texas Hunting Forum

Feeder Remote

Posted By: Stripermania

Feeder Remote - 10/03/18 03:53 AM

I bought "The Remote" feeder control from Amazon for $109.99. It's advertised for 175 yards but mine works at about 50 yards. I thought the wire mesh varmit cage was interfering with the signal since "The Remote" receiver antenna is inside the cage so I cut 1/2 of the varmit cage off so the antenna is outside and it still only works up to 50 yards. I bought the second one thinking the first one is defective but it works the same. Does anyone have this problem or using a better remote control to throw corn out of a feeder?
Posted By: Pigsicles

Re: Feeder Remote - 10/04/18 09:12 AM

Just installed 2 of the ASF Feedsync remotes and they both work great from our stands at 85 yards and at 120 yards.
Only concern is the antenna sticks down below the varmint cage a bit. Hoping the hogs don't damage it even though it is flexible.

Re: Feeder Remote - 10/04/18 06:40 PM

Thanks for sharing Pigsicles. I read one review for "The Remote" on Amazon and this buyer did almost the same thing I did. Bought several units and tried different things after talking to the seller but still couldn't get it to work. I am going to give the Feedsync a try and update next week. Your feeder must be lower to the ground than mine so even the tallest pig won't be able to touch the antenna sticking down from the batter/timer box.
Posted By: Pigsicles

Re: Feeder Remote - 10/04/18 07:09 PM

Mostly older guys on our place that switched over to the ASF stand and fills 2 years ago so yes, they are pretty low to the ground. No more climbing ladders with bags of corn!!!!!!!
Posted By: MoTex

Re: Feeder Remote - 10/04/18 09:42 PM

Mine works at 100 yds. Is the battery new? One time I had to get closer but when I bought a new battery that fixed it.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Feeder Remote - 10/05/18 01:19 AM

We have one working about 170 yards away. Antenna is on the roof of the feeder

Re: Feeder Remote - 10/05/18 05:07 AM

I have 3 of "the remote". One on the Moultrie feeder works out over 120 yards. Something about the 600lb " "American Hunter" feeder that doesn't allow the RF signal to get to the receiver when mounted inside the battery/timer box upside down with the hole drilled out for the antenna to stick out. I know the varmit cage would cause interference so I cut 1/2 off so the antenna is outside the cage and it helps but not by much. I suspect that it might be the metal tube across the feeder legs in line of sight with the antenna that might block the RF signal but I don't want to cut it off. I thought about extending the wire so I can mount the receiver on the roof but fear of squirrels would chew the wires like they did with the solar panel wires so many times. I have tried new feeder and transmitter batteries to no avail. I stripped the rubber coating off the antenna and pulled the antenna coil out to 12" and it does not help.
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: Feeder Remote - 10/06/18 06:43 PM

Used pigsicles asf feedsync app remote today they work great highly recommended
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum