Texas Hunting Forum

Need a Deer Feeder Timer

Posted By: Stub

Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 09/13/18 04:00 PM

My timer which is a THE-TIMER got wet and went Kaput. So I need another 12 Volt timer and times are tight.
Any suggestions on a good basic 12 volt timer that is moderately priced and I can program at least for 3 times.

Thanks for the input up
Posted By: rjd

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 09/13/18 04:44 PM

I may be wrong, but I think the Game Winner timer that Academy sells will work with 6 or 12 volt. Seems like a good basic timer.

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 09/13/18 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: rjd
I may be wrong, but I think the Game Winner timer that Academy sells will work with 6 or 12 volt. Seems like a good basic timer.
up
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 09/13/18 11:36 PM

The Timer is sold at at bucees for a better price

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 09/14/18 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
The Timer is sold at at bucees for a better price

Unfortunately no Bucees any where close, just like no HEB close bang
Posted By: buzziebells

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 09/14/18 03:15 PM

Stub.
I have 2 good used Wildgame Innovations digital timers model TH-DT that you can have if they will work for you. They are 6/12 volt. They have multiple daily feed time capability. It will be September 24 before I can get these in the mail to you. If this will work for you, PM me your mailing address and I will send them to you.

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 09/14/18 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: buzziebells
Stub.
I have 2 good used Wildgame Innovations digital timers model TH-DT that you can have if they will work for you. They are 6/12 volt. They have multiple daily feed time capability. It will be September 24 before I can get these in the mail to you. If this will work for you, PM me your mailing address and I will send them to you.

You sir are a generous man and I thank you for the thought. I went ahead and bought one at Academy.
Again Thanks for the offer up
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 09/14/18 04:52 PM

They have one that you don't have to mess with. It goes off and hour after daylight and an hour before dark.

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 09/16/18 10:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Greg Z

They have one that you don't have to mess with. It goes off and hour after daylight and an hour before dark.

I had one of those a long time ago it came with a 5 gallon bucket, it was okay but not what I wanted in a system.

Ended up buying this at Academy and forgot to share one of those thought I scored stories.
So I see this timer hanging with 3 others on one of those slide on metal displays and the price is $12.98 and I am grinning thinking score right up

Take it up to the register and it rings up $34.99 + tax, so I say hold on a minute it read $12.98 and the guy rolls his eyes nuts
So I stroll back there with another employee and sure enough they are hanging on the wrong rack hammer
Oh well still half the price of The Timer and I have had two of these before and they work just fine cheers

Not sure how the this much rain got in there but it was nasty!

Posted By: TyBU

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 09/16/18 07:19 PM

ForEverlast Timer
http://www.foreverlastonline.com/Foreverlast-6-or-12-volt-Universal-Digital-Timer_p_119.html

Great product for the money.
Posted By: gwl2

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 10/08/18 09:01 PM

The timer is hard to beat.
Posted By: jimbob

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 10/10/18 12:06 AM

X2
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 10/14/18 05:53 PM

The Timer.

After you have bought several of those cheap junk timers from Wildlife Innovations you could have purchased The Timer & been done with it. The Timer has a pretty good replacement program by the way.
Posted By: bholt

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 10/14/18 08:14 PM

If times tight then so be it, the wildgame style will get you by, however you will be hard pressed to beat the timer.
Fix the water problem or nothing will last.
Posted By: GreenAggie

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 10/15/18 01:47 PM

i have this exact timer on 2 feeders. I replaced 2 analog timers I had built. They allow for exact timing and duration of up to 6 feedings. I mounted the unit to a piece of plexiglass and used the motor wires to trigger a relay on same board to handle the current to motor. No problems for several years now.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 10/29/18 03:42 PM

It will make that time and probably just about any time last much longer if you put it inside a ziplock bag. The corn dust and moisture is hard on the buttons.
Posted By: Caskins

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 11/08/18 09:58 PM

If you want a bulletproof feeder that will stand the test of time, look at the Triple C. I have one that has lasted 27 years with only one motor change. Excellent product!
Posted By: WILLIED72

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 11/20/18 01:39 AM

Moultrie Pro series...
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 11/21/18 02:02 PM

Like greenaggie, I have two of the timers like Stub bought. They came with two of my feeders and they have worked well and never failed. I prefer The Timer, but can’t find fault with these.
Posted By: donswin

Re: Need a Deer Feeder Timer - 12/12/18 05:27 PM

OnTime feeder motors have always been the most energy efficient and reliable ones I've used. And their service is fantastic and reasonable.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum