Texas Hunting Forum

Kenco Smart feeder 2

Posted By: jgh

Kenco Smart feeder 2 - 09/12/18 08:47 PM

I just bought an old Kenco Smart feeder 2. The company sold out several years ago so they no longer exist. It hasn't been used in several years but was complete. It works, but the instruction sheet in the battery compartment is a disaster. I know it's a shot in the dark but if anyone has one of these could you please copy the instructions for setting and operation for me. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Kenco Smart feeder 2 - 09/12/18 09:31 PM

I still have and use two of them. I don't have the instruction sheet, but it's really simple. hook up the battery, press and hold the button for as long as you want the feeder to spin. i.e. hold for 5 seconds, it will go off for 5 seconds. Hold for 10 seconds, it will go off for 10 seconds. etc. close it up and you are done. The feeder has a photoelectric eye and will automatically adjust to go off 30 minutes after first light, and again 30 minutes before dark. It will self adjust, and has memory so that it will go off at the right time even if it is dark from clouds. It works best if you set it up for the first time on a sunny day.

Re: Kenco Smart feeder 2 - 09/12/18 09:32 PM

to test, if I remember correctly, you just push the button and release.

Re: Kenco Smart feeder 2 - 09/13/18 01:11 AM

Unclebubba, I really appreciate the information. I had no clue where to begin.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Kenco Smart feeder 2 - 09/13/18 01:34 AM

I think I still Have on in the box. I’ll see if it’s got instructions.

Re: Kenco Smart feeder 2 - 09/13/18 06:30 PM

up

Re: Kenco Smart feeder 2 - 09/14/18 12:13 AM

Erny, I'd appreciate it if you do. I'm old and forgetful on how to set things up.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum