Texas Hunting Forum

“The Timer” not keeping time accurately

Posted By: TTT Ranch

“The Timer” not keeping time accurately - 08/26/18 04:57 PM

I’ve got 5 stand and fill All Seasons feeders and I’m having issues with 4 of them. After only a couple of weeks, the time gets ahead by 10-15 mins. This has happened twice in the past 1.5 months on the same 4 feeders. Any ideas?
Posted By: JCB

Re: “The Timer” not keeping time accurately - 08/26/18 05:07 PM

Are all 4 timers the same age?? I can understand one acting up but 4 at the same time leads me to believe there is a bad lot of timers out there or user error of some kind. There has to be a logical explanation for something like that.
Posted By: TTT Ranch

Re: “The Timer” not keeping time accurately - 08/26/18 05:15 PM

I believe the 4 were all purchased at the same time. I got them second hand.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: “The Timer” not keeping time accurately - 08/26/18 06:42 PM

Have the numbers and serial numbers and call them. They have good CS.
I had one a few years back , gave them a serial number and they gave me another. Didn’t make up for lost feeding but atleast they cared

Re: “The Timer” not keeping time accurately - 08/26/18 06:47 PM

Wish I had an answer but I don't. All my timers lose a minute or so after a year regardless of brand. Never had one lose that much time over the course of a year much less just a few weeks like you described.

Only issue I have ever had with "The Timer" was with a package of batteries I bought. For what ever reason the AA batteries were a tad short on the positive end which led to problems making good contact. The batteries worked fine in my HCR's though because their contacts are made differently.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: “The Timer” not keeping time accurately - 08/27/18 01:56 PM

Did you put new batteries in The Timer(s). They take a AAA
Posted By: TxAg

Re: “The Timer” not keeping time accurately - 08/27/18 03:29 PM

That is definitely not typical. I would take them to your nearest "The Timer" dealer and swap all 4 out.

Re: “The Timer” not keeping time accurately - 08/27/18 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt
Did you put new batteries in The Timer(s). They take a AAA

All mine take AA.
Posted By: tskin

Re: “The Timer” not keeping time accurately - 08/27/18 08:32 PM

Does it have a reset button? If so, might try it.
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: “The Timer” not keeping time accurately - 08/27/18 09:49 PM

Call west tx supply. I had the same issue with 3 of them. They had a bad shipment of them awhile back. They sent me new ones.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: “The Timer” not keeping time accurately - 08/27/18 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: TxAg
That is definitely not typical. I would take them to your nearest "The Timer" dealer and swap all 4 out.

This is the answer.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: “The Timer” not keeping time accurately - 08/30/18 02:14 PM

There is a known glitch in one of the batches (can't remember the start of the serial number) that will cause it to either gain time and/or stick open and throw all your feed. I've returned three at the place of purchase for a free change out.

FYI: The bottom of the replacement timers were marked (engraved) with a X on the bottom near battery opening and the upgraded/repaired timers also had illuminated buttons when a number is pressed.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum