Texas Hunting Forum

solar panels

Posted By: T-bird

solar panels - 07/13/18 02:51 PM

I have one that is over 10 years old any way to clean them or just get a new one this one is still charging looks really bad
Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Re: solar panels - 07/13/18 05:15 PM

If it still charges your battery fully then keep using it. Don't clean it. If it's not fully charging your battery then throw it away and buy another unit.
Posted By: Vern1

Re: solar panels - 07/14/18 10:47 AM

Look at some utube videos on cleaning car headlights.

Works pretty well on smooth ones but not so much on the bumpy ones.
Posted By: thorn4570

Re: solar panels - 08/08/18 12:42 PM

I hooked up a motor on my son in laws barrel last weekend. Everything was new except the solar panel. I checked it was a meter at home (without installing it) and it worked great. I get to the lease and hook everything up and the digital timer is acting weird and saying the new battery was dead. I had charged several brand new ones. I tried a different battery with the same results. I disconnected the sole panel and everything worked great. Not sure why that happened but long story short he will buy a new solar panel. Nothing worse then finding out opening morning your stuff hasn’t been working because of a weak link.

For the same reason I’ll never use a plastic lid ever. Something chewed a hole in one years ago and basically I ended up with a barrel full of fermented corn on opening morning. Ha

I would say get a new one that you know works.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum