Texas Hunting Forum

Deer Blind rebuild

Posted By: Texas Bohunk

Deer Blind rebuild - 06/19/18 12:58 AM

Decided to reskin my blind with 18ga aluminum panels. Had to insulate the interior with Poly Pro Styrofoam panels to help with sound deadening and heat and cold. Blind is 5'X 7' with 1 1/2" angle, walls and window openings framed with 3/4" square tubing. Also added solar panel, 12volt battery, and phone charging station for those long slow afternoons. Windows came from a company out of Ohio, I think, they are inside out side vertical sliders with the inside being lexan.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Deer Blind rebuild - 06/19/18 07:15 PM

Looks great! Let me know if you have spare time and want to make a couple more wink
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Deer Blind rebuild - 06/21/18 03:33 PM

up
Posted By: bholt

Re: Deer Blind rebuild - 06/23/18 12:11 PM

I did the same type thing but I got a 12 volt Tv/radio along with rabbit ears on top of a pvc pole for an antenna. My blind is 5x5 which never could appreciate till I built mine. Go wild think of the craziest ideas and then try to incorporate them into the blind.
Years ago I was driving south of San Antone, Headed I think towards Hondo. Out in in the brush(at least 4-500 yards) there was an elevated blind. Sticking out the back for the whole world to see was what appeared to be a window AC unit. Now only those of us who have sat in a blind in south Texas may be able to appreciate that but this guy went to the time and trouble to mount this "cage" up there, and while not that obvious anyone seeing it had to do a double take. So have fun and let your imagination go wild.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum