Texas Hunting Forum

Fiberglass blinds

Posted By: hoof n wings

Fiberglass blinds - 06/10/18 11:12 PM

Looking at finally getting a fiberglass blind. The two that Ive looked at were Box T and Big Country. The Box T I looked at had a couple of bubble in the fiberglass and the windows were held up with Velcro. The Big Country seemed to have a better fiberglass job and windows that latched.
Anyone have recommendations on either one? Not looking for cheapest, but would like to stay around $1400

TIA
Posted By: smokewagon84

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 06/13/18 11:26 AM

http://www.ddfarmranch.com/products/t-box-4x6-deer-blind/
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 06/13/18 05:10 PM

Man for $1400 range I would go with RanchKing's Lil Buck and never look back, I love mine. Quite windows, bug/wasp proof, all metal/aluminum.
Posted By: DC1986

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 06/15/18 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: hoof n wings
Looking at finally getting a fiberglass blind. The two that Ive looked at were Box T and Big Country. The Box T I looked at had a couple of bubble in the fiberglass and the windows were held up with Velcro. The Big Country seemed to have a better fiberglass job and windows that latched.
Anyone have recommendations on either one? Not looking for cheapest, but would like to stay around $1400

TIA

Of those 2, I would pick the Big Country. I believe that they are 100% composite including the floor. You don’t want wood in the floor. It will rot and your blind could blow off the tower. I would check out Boss too. 100% composite and a 30” door if I remember correctly.
Posted By: rsquared

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 06/25/18 06:56 PM

i just picked up a 5x7 high roller from Boss
hex window config with framed aluminum door and extra heavy duty floors, what sold me was the insulated walls and when they took a piece of the floor material and beat it with a claw hammer. a 250lb man pounding on it could barely scratch it.

this thing is really well built

TxAg on here has some great deals on them and is very helpful in working thru options available to get the right fit for you.
https://www.weaverbilt.com/

here is a picture of mine after we set it up Friday

Posted By: TxAg

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 06/25/18 08:09 PM

Turned out great RSquared, looks like a nice spot too.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 06/27/18 06:56 PM

I'll second that with my 6x8 half-hex I got from TxAg. Just mounted mine on a trailer, after taking it off of a tower. I'll post a pic here next time I'm out.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 06/28/18 06:03 PM

up good looking setup ... how expensive does something like that run?
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 06/29/18 02:59 PM

How about aluminum blinds? Any benefits over fiberglass?
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 06/29/18 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: PMK
up good looking setup ... how expensive does something like that run?

Will send you a PM with pricing PMK
Posted By: PMK

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 07/02/18 06:25 PM

thanks! good looking blinds
Posted By: boonee

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 07/15/18 08:57 PM

LOVE my Box T, Got it from a member on here! It wasn't $1400, but without a doubt the best stand I have ever had. Including several I built myself!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 07/16/18 07:19 PM

Mine. It’s a 5x7 inside dimensions. Hinges glass windows with double rubber seals. Door is aluminum with double seals. Foam between fiberglass supports 200 pounds an inch. Weighs 210 pounds. Absolutely the best stand I have ever hunted out of.

Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 07/17/18 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx
I'll second that with my 6x8 half-hex I got from TxAg. Just mounted mine on a trailer, after taking it off of a tower. I'll post a pic here next time I'm out.

5x8 trailer that just so happened to have a stout, unique and tall frame already on it. Welded to the top.

Posted By: 603Country

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 07/17/18 08:23 PM

I had an aluminum blind some years ago. Way too noisy if you touched the metal with the rifle barrel.

My fiberglass blind came from Redneck Blinds. It’s a 4x6 on a 10 foot stand. Well designed blind. The stand was easy to assemble, attach to the blind box, and to stand up. It’s rather a light setup. 5 years and absolutely no complaints. Not cheap however.
Posted By: 7o8

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 07/21/18 02:03 AM

Real happy with my Big Country!
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 07/22/18 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: boonee
LOVE my Box T, Got it from a member on here! It wasn't $1400, but without a doubt the best stand I have ever had. Including several I built myself!

I ended up buying the Box T
Big Country was my 2nd choice
Posted By: Gobblero

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 08/14/18 03:13 PM

Not Fiberglass but these are the best blinds I have ever used. $1100.00ish

http://hunterscomfortusa.com/
Posted By: Daddybigbuck

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 08/20/18 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Gobblero

Gobblero did you find these in Texas or have it shipped to you?
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 08/20/18 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Daddybigbuck
Originally Posted By: Gobblero

Gobblero did you find these in Texas or have it shipped to you?

Same question.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Fiberglass blinds - 08/20/18 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: hoof n wings

TIA

If you hunt West of DFW, give these a look. North service road of I20, right before the 281 exit. WesTex Hunting Supply
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum