Texas Hunting Forum

The only way to move a box blind!

Posted By: Greg Z

The only way to move a box blind! - 04/08/18 07:18 PM

Turned a B of a job into... set her right There!
Posted By: Cast

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/08/18 07:20 PM

Genius! I would have never thought of that.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/08/18 10:41 PM

More info please?
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/10/18 04:01 PM

Me too, pm somebody to post the pic and a better story
Posted By: PMK

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/10/18 04:50 PM

worthless

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/10/18 07:41 PM

3 buddies helped set this up last year when I broke my leg. It was on a trailer and no one was looking forward to moving it. It is very heavy and has 100lb of horse mats on the floor. Called the land owner to see if he new someone with a tractor with hay forks. Took us about 1/2 hour to move the stand about 250yrds back up the hill and down the fence line. It was easy peezy!

Made a job that I was regretting for 4 months into a piece of cake!
Posted By: Bald Eagle

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/10/18 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Greg Z

3 buddies set this up last year off of a trailer. It is heavy and has 100lb of horse mats on the floor. Called the land owner to see if he new someone with a tractor with hay forks. Took us about 1/2 hour to move the stand about 250yrds back up the hill and down the fence line. It was easy peezy!

Made a job that I was regretting for 4 months into a piece of cake!

Looks good. I will have a problem finding someone with a tractor and hay forks.

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/10/18 09:39 PM

Check your local feed store.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/10/18 10:00 PM

That’s how you move a blind alright!!
Posted By: TxAg

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/10/18 10:00 PM

Just did the same this weekend. Agree, it's the only way to fly. Being able to use the FEL to pull from a high point also makes raising tower blinds far easier. And, as a bonus, those forks are great for unloading pallets of feed.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/11/18 10:57 AM

Amazing how having the right tool for the job makes all the difference
Posted By: Vern1

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/11/18 12:12 PM

I got my Kubota about 10 years ago and a set of pallet forks for it.
I changed all my deer and pig stands to be manageable by myself and use the tractor.
My stands and blinds are all modular now.
I can drive up to it and grab the blind right off the stand or pick up and move stand and blind as one unit.
The stands are made of 3x3 angle iron and usually weigh more than the blind but is also easily movable with tractor.
It's really nice when you put up a stand and realize you needed it over there about 10 feet to be able to see down a shooting lane.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/12/18 04:18 AM

We used a local water well driller, he had a winch truck with a guy that knew how to use it. Picked the stand up and sat it where we wanted, then sat the blind on the stand.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/26/18 09:38 PM

Our former lease manager did something similar for me with a Bobcat that had pallet forks. Picked up a 5' blind, moved it 100 yards across a field and put it down right where I needed it. It took him longer to drive the Bobcat to my blind than it did to move it.
Posted By: Texmel

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 04/27/18 03:08 PM

I built all 6 of my blinds on 10' runners with I bolts so that I could relocate them easily. Just hook up to ATV and relocate.
Posted By: slippinaround

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 05/04/18 11:04 PM

I use my Kubota with forks to move mine as well. I also have all the sides and the roof of my stands screwed together with deck screws so I can easily take the whole thing apart if needed.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 05/06/18 06:59 PM

I just hook mine up to my truck or a tractor and move it anywhere I need to. Takes about 15 minutes to put the wheels & tongue on the trailer,take off the stairs/handrails,and have it ready to roll.

Posted By: ccoker

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 05/31/18 07:15 PM

yep, the lease manager does the same thing.. he can sure move a blind easily
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 05/31/18 07:54 PM

ha! What do you guys know, I jacked up my blind off the ground and attached heavy duty caster wheels to all four corners. Then I hooked up a chain to the truck and I must have dragged that thing 20 feet before it sunk into the soft ground. Attempt 2 made it about 30 yards. Then my buddy with the trailer came by and we tilted it back and backed up the trailer to the blind. carried it right to the spot. And a good laugh was had by all...
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: The only way to move a box blind! - 06/04/18 11:56 PM

Make your own forks. My bucket has 1/2 holes through the bottom. I have used (2) 2x6s, 2x8s and 4x4s. I drill holes through the boards about 20" from one end of 8 ft boards and bolt them to the bottom of the bucket. I put 8 ft boards off the bucket and move my 4 ft and 8 ft blinds all over my property.In lifting my 12' high blind off the ground I jack the blind up about 1 ft then stick my forks under the blind. I have a cross board across the lifting boards too keep them together. I then lift my bucket. I have ropes attached to eye bolts on the other side of the blind. As I lift and push with the tractor I pull the ropes with my truck. You need guide ropes and helpers to prevent the truck from pulling blind over. Will not meet OSHA regs but Trump has suspended most anyway!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum