Texas Hunting Forum

Making a barrel feeder hang level.

Posted By: gollygee

Making a barrel feeder hang level. - 01/29/18 04:15 AM

Well this is not going to work as well as I intended. I lost my first photo and I can't go back to the beginning so I will do my best with text. After I assembled the two brackets and cross bar I put two 2 X 4 spacers under the cross bar to establish enough clearance to remove the lid, drilled the bottom hole on each of the side brackets and tightened them up real snug. Removed the spacers (2 X 4s) and used a hammer on the side brackets to adjust to level and then drilled the top holes for the brackets. Next I adjusted the hanger on the bar until level (this hanger is a bit of overkill but I already had it from another project), then spot welded everything in position. Really simple proposition and works great.

Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Making a barrel feeder hang level. - 01/29/18 11:34 AM

Looks good, I bought that piece off of Craigslist, maybe I should have bought one from you.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Making a barrel feeder hang level. - 01/29/18 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY
Looks good, I bought that piece off of Craigslist, maybe I should have bought one from you.

No, you shoulda bought my spare feeder.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Making a barrel feeder hang level. - 01/29/18 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

No, you shoulda bought my spare feeder.

Lmao!!! You would not give me a price at that time.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Making a barrel feeder hang level. - 01/31/18 04:43 PM

I guess I never knew it was such an issue? Seems like lots of investment in solving a nonexistent problem? Find center and it will be good.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum