Texas Hunting Forum

Foam insulation board

Posted By: SapperTitan

Foam insulation board - 10/12/17 03:04 AM

Gonna put some foam board inside my deer stand should I cut it to fit between the studs or put it over the top of the studs? I think it would look better between but I heard once it works better over the studs.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Foam insulation board - 10/12/17 03:17 AM

I put it in between, I also picked up broken sheets of paneling that was dirt cheap to cover it.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Foam insulation board - 10/12/17 03:19 AM

For insulation factor, it really won't make much difference. For sound, it is better over the top of the studs.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Foam insulation board - 10/12/17 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
For insulation factor, it really won't make much difference. For sound, it is better over the top of the studs.
sound is the primary purpose
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: Foam insulation board - 10/12/17 03:34 AM

Find someone that gets their food delivered (like Blue Apron). The insulation in those boxes is cotton (denim ground up). They come in strips about 1ft x 4ft. I bought some strong spray adhesive and it goes right on nice, between the studs. I'll take a pic this weekend and post it.
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Foam insulation board - 10/12/17 01:50 PM

actually having an air barrier between the insulation board and outside of blind insulates better than just having it stacked on top of each other. However! grin with a deer blind and not constantly heating and cooling it a hunter won't notice that difference. up
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Foam insulation board - 10/12/17 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: BarneyWho

actually having an air barrier between the insulation board and outside of blind insulates better than just having it stacked on top of each other. However! grin with a deer blind and not constantly heating and cooling it a hunter won't notice that difference. up

Then explain why spray foam is better then foam board....mathematically
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Foam insulation board - 10/12/17 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: BarneyWho

Then explain why spray foam is better then foam board....mathematically

apples to apples spray foam is more dense than insulation board. If both are used in the same application an air barrier still gives better insulation than using the spray against the outside wall with nothing over the top of it.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Foam insulation board - 10/12/17 03:36 PM

If sound is what concern about I would use the egg crate stuff over the top of the foam board or just by itself. Carpet works as a sound barrier also.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Foam insulation board - 10/13/17 01:25 PM

between. If you go over the studs, you're going to be fighting bees the rest of your life. You'll still get some behind it with it between the studs. However, at least you can push on it and squish the bees against the outside wall.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum