Texas Hunting Forum

deerview windows??

Posted By: BLUERIBBONS

deerview windows?? - 09/12/15 01:20 PM

I ordered 3 windows for my blind and received them yesterday afternoon. Do they not provide the screws for the hinges? I have a bag of hinges\hardware but no screws! So I guess I get to make a trip to town since I do not have screws that will fit the hinges.

I guess I assumed they would come with screws.....you know what they say about assuming!
Posted By: rickym

Re: deerview windows?? - 09/12/15 01:32 PM

bang
Posted By: BLUERIBBONS

Re: deerview windows?? - 09/12/15 01:49 PM

luckily my wife and I had a junk drawer with odds and ends because I found some screws that might work. I would prefer them to be about 1\2" longer but saves a 30 mile trip to town. Just frustrating to spend $100 on 3 windows and not receive a dollars worth of screws!

Windows were well packaged and anxious to get them installed!
Posted By: Dude Lebowski

Re: deerview windows?? - 09/12/15 01:56 PM

I really like the windows that I put in a blind a couple of years ago. Fortunately I carry an old steel tool box full of various sized screws. I was 3 miles out in the pasture. confused2
Posted By: kry226

Re: deerview windows?? - 09/12/15 02:25 PM

Why don't you call Tyler and ask? I would say that folks install these in all types of blinds both wood and metal, and it would pretty hard to determine which type and size, etc. that you would need.

I cannot remember if my windows came with screws or not.
Posted By: huntinfishinsumb

Re: deerview windows?? - 09/20/15 05:37 AM

They do not come with screws never have ive ordered from Tyler for the last 6 years
Posted By: Texmel

Re: deerview windows?? - 09/20/15 05:17 PM

Size would depend on holes and thickness of blind sides. I get the screws at Home Depot alongs with every thing to build the blind.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: deerview windows?? - 09/20/15 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: huntinfishinsumb
They do not come with screws never have ive ordered from Tyler for the last 6 years

Yup. I have ordered several of the sliders and the hinged windows. NO screws.
I agree with others when it come to mounting, it is hard to say what kind of screws you might need.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum