Texas Hunting Forum

What would you pay for this stand?

Posted By: StretchR

What would you pay for this stand? - 09/02/15 02:05 PM

I'm thinking of building a few of these stands as a way to make a little pocket money. Maybe I'll buy a new rifle (or a present for my wife). I had a kidney transplant in February, so my health is a little better and I can do 'some' hobby work. If I get help lifting the panels, I can still make one of these. It would not include the 4"x4" posts, cross-bracing for the legs, or anchors since those all vary based on what you want for height. So, the question. What would you pay for one of these, on the Elevator brackets. Camo-printed OSB is available, so it could be done in that or in the pre-primed OSB as shown.

David
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: What would you pay for this stand? - 09/03/15 03:50 PM

There are a couple of manufactures with sites that have pricing on stands similar to this. Check them out and see, but I think you can buy OSB blinds similar to this for under $350. Once you see the margins, you might not like the stand building hobby so much.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: What would you pay for this stand? - 09/03/15 04:43 PM

It's a good-looking stand but unless you have a lot of free time that you don't really value, I don't think you'll make that much building and selling them. Like TSB said, the margins are tough.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: What would you pay for this stand? - 09/03/15 08:39 PM

There is no one that would sell that 4x6 blind finished out like that for $350.

Post it on here and I'll bet you get at least $500-550. Nice build. up
Posted By: rifleman

Re: What would you pay for this stand? - 09/03/15 08:45 PM

A couple Ag shops sell them around our area for roughly $400...4' base on them would pushes them to $450-475. The pattern they're using those has eaves over the windows though and are OSB instead of 6" channel groove hardy.
Posted By: StretchR

Re: What would you pay for this stand? - 09/04/15 04:19 AM

Thanks for the opinions. I found a similar stand online in Louisiana, only 6' tall (mine is 7') without windows and only a half door for $495. The Elevator brackets added another $100. I found another one that looks like it has cedar fence siding (board & batten) for $750 with Elevator brackets. It also appeared to not have closable windows.

I think I may try to make a couple to see if I can recover my costs. I'll post in the classifieds here if I don't sell on Austin Craigslist first. I'll add a picture or two to this thread as well.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: What would you pay for this stand? - 09/04/15 04:34 AM

Good lookin blind. I'd pay $500 or so just so I won't have to make another blind as I did this year bang
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum