Texas Hunting Forum

Tower Blind Base

Posted By: drewsky1991

Tower Blind Base - 12/26/14 06:12 AM

Have any of y'all built your own base/stands for 4x8 or 4x6 wood box blinds? I'm currently debating the wood vs. metal aspect of things, as well as price. I want to make the stand to be about 6' tall, possibly with a small "porch" area to make it easier for getting in and out. If anyone has any plans or advice on wood vs. metal, I'd greatly appreciate any and all input! Thanks.

-Drew
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Tower Blind Base - 12/26/14 01:25 PM

Do it out of metal, only way to go

I might be a little biased on the subject however
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Tower Blind Base - 12/26/14 04:23 PM

If I can afford to do it I would go with metal base/tower. It will last longer and be easier to setup/move the blind. If you do a staircase it will cost you a lot more but you will like it much better.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Tower Blind Base - 12/26/14 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
If I can afford to do it I would go with metal base/tower. It will last longer and be easier to setup/move the blind. If you do a staircase it will cost you a lot more but you will like it much better.

yup... never knew what I was missing until I made one with a full angled stair case and hand rails... it actually felt wrong for a little while.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Tower Blind Base - 12/28/14 05:05 AM

+1 on the metal base and stand. The whole skeleton of mine is steel, skinned with smartside. If it ever goes bad (5 years and counting) just pull the panel out, cut a new one to fit, and keep on keepin' on.
Posted By: txvarminter

Re: Tower Blind Base - 01/03/15 01:30 AM

I like telephone pole basses. Super solid

Posted By: Western

Re: Tower Blind Base - 01/03/15 12:58 PM

Hard to beat the longevity and flexibility of metal as far as adding to it.
Posted By: Harley7892

Re: Tower Blind Base - 01/04/15 04:33 PM

That's all good if you have soil you can dig a hole in. When in a rocky base a steel frame base with steel rods.
© 2020 Texas Hunting Forum