Texas Hunting Forum

Figured out the old moultri feeder with no timer!

Posted By: Finfeathernfurr

Figured out the old moultri feeder with no timer! - 10/09/14 04:54 AM

It had not been in operation in a while and the four second switch had to be toggled to reset the delay. All the labels had long since disappeared was able to look at the part number on the motor to figure out what models it was on lol. Thank goodness for google in the field as much as I hate technology really paid off to be able to fix on the spot today. Had a really big body with stout headgear push two does past me thru thick brush. The ground was trampled bare under feeder as it had not been going. I am sure the does knew that to bad I would have liked a better look but at least now the kinks are ironed out(for the time being). Now just need to snap my fingers and make ten tons of acorns disappear and I'm back in business.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Figured out the old moultri feeder with no timer! - 10/09/14 05:54 AM

Might be time to spend a few bucks on a updated motor and timer? Hope the fix gets you though the season.
Posted By: Finfeathernfurr

Re: Figured out the old moultri feeder with no timer! - 10/09/14 06:12 PM

Tell you the truth only put the feeder up cause my buddy had it and wasn't using it. Hunted the place I am on for 20 years without feeders and always fill my tags so it's really just a bonus if it works or not. Really starting to think I don't like it because I have too many deer coming in to get my bow back I guess that's a bad problem to have LOL
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Figured out the old moultri feeder with no timer! - 10/10/14 04:09 AM

Glad you got it figured out. Would like to see some pictures of this thing.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum