Texas Hunting Forum

Deer Blind Windows

Posted By: schoonnn

Deer Blind Windows - 07/18/14 08:07 PM

I am building a new blind and I am needing to get some windows for it. I was thinking plexiglass, or is there a reason everybody is starting to use glass? Where do y'all get your windows from?
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 07/18/14 08:22 PM

Why limit yourself to Plexiglas? confused2
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 07/18/14 08:26 PM

IMO... But you should check into DeerView windows before you make a final decision
Posted By: StretchR

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 07/19/14 12:09 AM

I bought Lexan, cut to size, at Lowes. I mounted it on wooden frames with 1/4" lath, using pre-drilled holes and screws.

Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 07/19/14 04:20 AM

I built my own plex windows. Here is a link to a thread about them.

Window build.
Posted By: CDB65

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 07/19/14 04:44 PM

Deer View Windows is the way to go. I have built the plywood and Plexiglas windows. Spent a lot of time and money on the windows, after I ran the numbers its way easier to just buy them. The hinge windows at Deer View are a really great product for the money. We build blinds and stopped making windows after finding Deer View.

Chad

www.chaddavidoutdoors.com
Posted By: GLC

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 07/19/14 08:48 PM

I recovered a stand and put sliding Plexiglas windows on it.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...ing#Post5208956
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 07/19/14 11:01 PM

Deer View Windows !
Posted By: 30378

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 07/20/14 01:46 AM

Sooner or later the suns UV will have its way with anything plastic.
Posted By: thurmansfiberglass

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 07/20/14 02:14 PM

We will only use Deerview Windows. They are a great product and Tyler is a good person to do business with. Plexiglas scratches up and by the time you buy the hardware and time into making them, it's more cost worthy to go through Deerview.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 07/20/14 11:33 PM

welcome I made my own windows out of acrylic sheeting. Works well for sliding windows and makes a very tight seal.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 07/22/14 04:53 AM

I would go with the glass deer view. As was mentioned plexiglass will scratch really easy and almost impossible to clean the dust off of. Also the sun will frost them up pretty quickly.
Posted By: hillbillyhoghunter

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 07/23/14 02:59 AM

I just placed a order yesterday with David at deerview windows.. Best bang for the buck.
Posted By: Rockpit

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 08/06/14 05:55 PM

I have tinted glass deer view windows in two blinds.I really like them. I got the fold up configuration. They tell you to make the window hole one inch smaller than the dimension of the glass window for a good fit. I would actually suggest just a little smaller window opening (about another inch smaller) so the felt lining on the inside of the glass has a good contact with the edges of the window opening. IMO
Posted By: HaveGunWillHunt

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 08/18/14 02:05 AM

Deer View Windows

http://deerviewwindows.com
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 08/19/14 03:07 AM

Deer View!!
Posted By: TheHunted

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 08/29/14 02:25 AM

Thanks for the kind words!
Posted By: Western

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 08/29/14 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Rockpit
I have tinted glass deer view windows in two blinds.I really like them. I got the fold up configuration. They tell you to make the window hole one inch smaller than the dimension of the glass window for a good fit. I would actually suggest just a little smaller window opening (about another inch smaller) so the felt lining on the inside of the glass has a good contact with the edges of the window opening. IMO

RP, If you buy some 1/4" 3m or equivalent weather stripping, 1" is perfect. I put the weather strip just to the side of the felt and when you use the hasp to close he window, it seals tight!
Posted By: Erich

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 09/04/14 06:34 PM

we make our windows out of wood frame....our blind opennings are usually 6in by whatever length. we take a pieced of 2x8 and cut it down to proper width. bevel the edge. cut out an opening in it which we put tinted plexi glass on. we then hinge that from the inside of the blind so the window folds down to the inside.

its a good tight window, its very quiet, and pretty sneaky to open. windows that open to the outside of the blind are too much motion to move when deer are out there. sliding windows can be noisier. I've had good luck with them though.

these have just been our favorite. they are pretty cheap to make.
Posted By: RossCravens

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 09/04/14 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Erich
we make our windows out of wood frame....our blind opennings are usually 6in by whatever length. we take a pieced of 2x8 and cut it down to proper width. bevel the edge. cut out an opening in it which we put tinted plexi glass on. we then hinge that from the inside of the blind so the window folds down to the inside.

its a good tight window, its very quiet, and pretty sneaky to open. windows that open to the outside of the blind are too much motion to move when deer are out there. sliding windows can be noisier. I've had good luck with them though.

these have just been our favorite. they are pretty cheap to make.

Do you have any pictures? That sounds pretty slick!
Posted By: Stan Dalone

Re: Deer Blind Windows - 09/08/14 05:20 PM

I got some crank out windows from a wrecked RV. I paid $20 for 12 windows. Work great
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum