Texas Hunting Forum

help with a new blind idea

Posted By: lamaredskin

help with a new blind idea - 07/20/11 08:05 PM

i have a ez-up canopy without the canopy i was looking for ideas on how i could make this in to a ground blind and it look and be decent. i thought about tarps on top and camo netting around the legs or also using tin. i know its no the stronget structure but im a poor boy looking for a cheap blind

Posted By: feedslinger

Re: help with a new blind idea - 07/24/11 03:19 PM

sportmans guide has a real nice pop up for a great price. bought one about 5 years ago and still use it from time to time I think i only paid around 50 dollars for it.

Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: help with a new blind idea - 07/24/11 05:09 PM

I agree with feedslinger....but HS puts out a burlap-type fabcric that will do a dandy - but won't protect you from the rain.

Posted By: HLo

Re: help with a new blind idea - 07/24/11 07:56 PM

That green netting from Home Depot works good....I bought some and put around my tri-pod blind. IT is used to roll over Arbors and is pretty inexpensive and allows wind & rain to pass thru it.......

Posted By: Bonner

Re: help with a new blind idea - 07/25/11 01:26 AM

i would just buy one of the cheap popups from Sportsmanguide and be doen with it. I got a hubstyle for $75 last year. Lasted all year secured to a portable 5 X 5 platform. If you are like me - you will end up spending more trying to make something you already have work than just buying something that ends up costing less that is specifically designed for your purpose smile

You cand probably get buy with something under $50 by buying some cheap netting/camo material from sportsamanguide or ebay and make yourself a 4' 4' boxblind frame out of 2 x 4s. That is about as cheap as an option that I can think of.

Posted By: Western

Re: help with a new blind idea - 07/25/11 06:17 AM

I've used wooden pallets before when I was caught on a lease that my tree stand was stolen. Got some camo burlap from a nearby Wal-Mart, wired the pallets together with some baling wire and wrapped the camo around it, cost me about $20, but no roof. 4 or so 2x4's would have done that in a pinch (roof)

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum