Texas Hunting Forum

Best Upland Hunting Vest?

Posted By: Matagorda Mud Pig

Best Upland Hunting Vest? - 03/21/23 03:29 PM

Looking for an upland hunting vest, what brand do you like?
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Best Upland Hunting Vest? - 03/21/23 04:34 PM

Anything with lots of orange.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Best Upland Hunting Vest? - 03/22/23 05:53 PM

mix between

columbia Men’s PHG Ptarmigan™ Interchange Parka

and

https://www.marsupialgear.com/products/upland-vest
Posted By: Bones72

Re: Best Upland Hunting Vest? - 03/22/23 07:10 PM

I always liked my old Cabelas' strap style vest. Plenty of orange on it, was relativelycool on early season hunts , plenty of storage, roomy game bag that was easy to access and fairly tough material that resisted crp, and barbed wire. It also had pretty good adjustment to size it to me and whatever I had on under it. The other one I like that my buddies had was the Filson strap vest but very little orange on those things.

[Linked Image]

Pic above is of an early season chikin hunt in Kansas. Had one chikin in the game bag together with a gallon jug of water for the dog plus her bowl and first aid kit and stapler. Box of shells in the front pouches with two packs of emergency smokes.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Best Upland Hunting Vest? - 03/23/23 08:30 PM

Final rise vest. Used mine last year a bunch and it is the best I’ve owned.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Best Upland Hunting Vest? - 03/24/23 07:51 PM

I have a bunch of them. A Filson strap vest is what I wear most.
Posted By: Huntinherrington

Re: Best Upland Hunting Vest? - 03/29/23 01:12 AM

I have the Orvis PRO LT Hunting Vest. No complaints but there PRO Series Vest is on sale right now.

https://www.orvis.com/pro-series-hunting-vest/2FP7.html?recommend=true
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Best Upland Hunting Vest? - 04/17/23 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
I have a bunch of them. A Filson strap vest is what I wear most.

Same.
Posted By: Dave Scott

Re: Best Upland Hunting Vest? - 04/25/23 02:39 PM

Another vote for the strap vest, if it is cold you can always wear something under it. Usually I'm hot and trying to stay cool. Hence the straps.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Best Upland Hunting Vest? - 07/20/23 02:17 AM

I am not a tightwad, but I have purchased a couple of the cheP WallMart vests in a pinch and have not been able to hurt them. They keep working.
Posted By: hunt15

Re: Best Upland Hunting Vest? - 07/25/23 01:30 PM

Filson strap vest they will last for years. can be worn with any time of year over just a shirt or heavy jacket. Been using one for over 20 years.
Posted By: hunt15

Re: Best Upland Hunting Vest? - 07/25/23 01:31 PM

Filson strap vest they will last for years. can be worn with any time of year over just a shirt or heavy jacket. Been using one for over 20 years.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Best Upland Hunting Vest? - 07/29/23 11:09 PM

Love the look of a Filson and the waxed cotton especially for a minimalist vest.

If you are looking for a more modern vest that is very modular and useful for long, distant upland outings then I'd direct you to Marsupial Gear out of Arizona. These guys are legit Made in USA-- their quality is top notch for everything- love their bino harnesses, spotting scope covers, rifle case so I'm sure their bird vests are also awesome.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum