Texas Hunting Forum

Flash light recommendations

Posted By: RLoving1

Flash light recommendations - 02/20/23 12:51 PM

Need to get couple good flash lights, rechargeable and battery powered options in mid sized range. Stream light are good but wondering what others use and reviews.
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/20/23 02:03 PM

I pretty mush stick with Surefire and carry a modified old style 6p on me at all times. There are also Surefire clones on the market from places like the Lumen Factory that are very affordable and good quality. In general I don't like most of the rechargeable lights that are on the market but I do use rechargeable lithium cells in almost all of my Surefire lights. I am a flashlight junkie and own dozens from various manufacturers but always find my way back to Surefire.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/20/23 04:07 PM

I like Fenix and Surefire. Plenty to choose from between those two. They both put out quality products.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/20/23 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad
I like Fenix and Surefire. Plenty to choose from between those two. They both put out quality products.

this—-my advice is get one with the most generic charging port if getting rechargeable. c2 is my preferred. one of my Fenix lights came with a magnetic charging cord, that i have had to replace twice via ordering from factory
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/20/23 06:23 PM

Good point about the charger Bobo. I like the magnetic charger until it's not working. I don't think Dollar General would have one. I still like the Fenix products.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/20/23 09:27 PM

I tend to shy away from most rechargeable devices because, as my luck goes, I'll need a recharge at the most inconvenient time. Lithium 123s are light, and a quick swap can get me back in business almost immediately...and I won't need to worry about recharging the removed batteries when I get back to the hooch.

I like the Streamlight Protac rail mount series of lights. Great light output, and can easily pull double-duty as an in-the-hand light too. Seems to be a good value for me. I have several.
Posted By: duffas

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/20/23 09:47 PM

Got a couple Fenix gifted and a re-chargable head lamp from Lowes. Carry both in the woods.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/20/23 10:52 PM

Nebo Crykt

Great little lights. They use triple A batteries. It’s a go to for me. About as fancy as I get.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/21/23 02:26 AM

I was recently given a "neck light" that I really find really useful. It's a cheap one from Lowes that puts put around 200 lumens per side with individual control of left and right. You will likely laugh as I did before I tried it.

Link to Necklight

Marc
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/21/23 03:02 AM

Cloud defensive
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/21/23 03:45 AM

Anything made by Streamlight or Surefire.

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/22/23 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by kry226
I tend to shy away from most rechargeable devices because, as my luck goes, I'll need a recharge at the most inconvenient time. Lithium 123s are light, and a quick swap can get me back in business almost immediately...and I won't need to worry about recharging the removed batteries when I get back to the hooch.

I like the Streamlight Protac rail mount series of lights. Great light output, and can easily pull double-duty as an in-the-hand light too. Seems to be a good value for me. I have several.

ironically its easier to find a charging bank in my truck or pack then batteries now a days. Between kids ipads, phones etc
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/22/23 05:15 AM

Streamlight.

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/22/23 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

ironically its easier to find a charging bank in my truck or pack then batteries now a days. Between kids ipads, phones etc

I guess if you have the truck with you when using the flashlight. Typically, that is not the situation I find myself in when utilizing mine. It's really not that hard - a little planning & preparation will go along way. My Nebo Crykt works off triple A batteries. I have found them to be extremely light and easy to take with me. Additional batteries are always in my pack and I am more likely to have that lil' pack with me than my truck. In addition, I change out to new from time to time so as not to have issues when I really need the use of a flashlight.
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/22/23 01:01 PM

Thanks for the options guys!

Re: Flash light recommendations - 02/22/23 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

I guess if you have the truck with you when using the flashlight. Typically, that is not the situation I find myself in when utilizing mine. It's really not that hard - a little planning & preparation will go along way. My Nebo Crykt works off triple A batteries. I have found them to be extremely light and easy to take with me. Additional batteries are always in my pack and I am more likely to have that lil' pack with me than my truck. In addition, I change out to new from time to time so as not to have issues when I really need the use of a flashlight.

Both my blind pack and western pack I keep an anker or dark energy block in there. Its the only way to field charge phone. Basically dont need to take multiple battery types(phone, flashlight, headlamp, inreach etc all can be charged or ran while on battery pack. ) In TX 80% of time I have the kids with me with me which means Ipads also

Posted By: hybridhunter219

Re: Flash light recommendations - 03/02/23 11:58 AM

Cyclops
Posted By: stevehong

Re: Flash light recommendations - 03/02/23 07:01 PM

Surefire, buy once cry once

carry a few extra batteries in your pack and you're set
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Flash light recommendations - 03/04/23 02:08 AM

Modlight
Posted By: TKM

Re: Flash light recommendations - 03/04/23 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

Both my blind pack and western pack I keep an anker or dark energy block in there. Its the only way to field charge phone. Basically dont need to take multiple battery types(phone, flashlight, headlamp, inreach etc all can be charged or ran while on battery pack. ) In TX 80% of time I have the kids with me with me which means Ipads also

This! Carry one power block, no changing out multiple sizes of batteries, disposing of them, terminals corroded, etc. Can charge everything with one unit.

Re: Flash light recommendations - 03/09/23 10:00 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: PrimitiveHunter

Re: Flash light recommendations - 03/27/23 09:48 PM

We bought my son:

BengMxj Rechargeable LED Flashlights, 90000 High Lumens Flashlight, XHP70 Tactical Flashlight with Zoomable, 5 Modes, Super Bright Waterproof Flashlights for Emergencies, Camping,

$36 on Amazon. Saturday night he illuminated a coyote at ~100 yards so well that a standard scope would have shot him. Freaky bright.
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: Flash light recommendations - 05/13/23 03:59 PM

Another vote for Fenix. I've carried a pd30 on my belt for 4 yrs.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum