Texas Hunting Forum

Skypoint Micro-LTE-S Cellular Camera

Posted By: DQ Kid

Skypoint Micro-LTE-S Cellular Camera - 01/21/22 09:57 PM

Who knows anything about the Skypoint Micro-LTE-S cellular camera with built in solar panel and having the lithium power pack? Are they decent; price wise they normally go new for between $169-$199 but I can pick up new in box for $120++ right now. Wondering how they are for picking up cellular service signal and picture and trigger speed quality. Think the best strength of service in SW Young county is Verizon and ATT. Thanks for any known input.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Skypoint Micro-LTE-S Cellular Camera - 01/21/22 10:19 PM

I have 6 spypoint cameras, 3 that are still working. One of the non-working ones was replaced under warranty, and stopped working in about a week. Once they are all dead (I don't expect it to be long) I am going with a different brand. Lots of bad reviews for spypoint. I wish I had listened to them before buying.

For what it's worth, they were great for one year.
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Skypoint Micro-LTE-S Cellular Camera - 01/22/22 09:26 PM

In a long list of crappy Cellular cameras, they are at the very bottom, not many levels to the top either.

I have an original Ridgetec before the dual, I would love to have a dozen of those versus anything on the market currently.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Skypoint Micro-LTE-S Cellular Camera - 01/24/22 10:17 PM

Haven't had problems with them. Keep good batteries and for me they just work. Also recently dealt with their customer service and was pleased.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Skypoint Micro-LTE-S Cellular Camera - 01/25/22 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by SouthWestIron
Haven't had problems with them. Keep good batteries and for me they just work. Also recently dealt with their customer service and was pleased.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Any experience with the Lithium battery power pack and built in solar panel model?

Re: Skypoint Micro-LTE-S Cellular Camera - 01/25/22 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by DQ Kid

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Any experience with the Lithium battery power pack and built in solar panel model?

I've been needing to upgrade to that accessory. I know Lithiums are the way to go. I think the units also have a regular plug in type receptacle for attaching your own solar panel but don't quote me on that. Not sure thought because 8 double AAs is going to be 9.6 volts. Never seen a 9.6 volt solar panel.
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Skypoint Micro-LTE-S Cellular Camera - 01/25/22 08:40 PM

The input is 12v and 8AA x 1.5v is 12v, not 9.6v

I've been needing to upgrade to that accessory. I know Lithiums are the way to go. I think the units also have a regular plug in type receptacle for attaching your own solar panel but don't quote me on that. Not sure thought because 8 double AAs is going to be 9.6 volts. Never seen a 9.6 volt solar panel.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Skypoint Micro-LTE-S Cellular Camera - 01/25/22 10:13 PM

I bought a Spypoint cell link, never worked....total waste of money

Re: Skypoint Micro-LTE-S Cellular Camera - 01/26/22 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by David Maas
The input is 12v and 8AA x 1.5v is 12v, not 9.6v

Oh yeah that sounds more like it. Not sure where I got that 9.6 volts. 12 volts makes it easy to find a solar charger for these cams.

Re: Skypoint Micro-LTE-S Cellular Camera - 01/27/22 01:55 AM

Saved about $60 after price match and additional 5% discount + another 5% off for Academy card per camera on 3 of them for Verizon network. At $124 ea. out the door instead of $180-$184 non-discounted willing to give it a try. Boss uses the non-solar version and loves them. He'll be getting 2 of these and 1 for me.

Re: Skypoint Micro-LTE-S Cellular Camera - 01/27/22 05:19 PM

Saved about $60 after price match and additional 5% discount + another 5% off for Academy card per camera on 3 of them for Verizon network. At $124 ea. out the door instead of $180-$184 non-discounted willing to give it a try. Boss uses the non-solar version and loves them. He'll be getting 2 of these and 1 for me.

To me they have been good cameras specially at the price point.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum